This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I try to be a good member and get along with everyone, but some of you seem to think I'm attention seeking...the rep stuff was done in a lighthearted manner - I never meant to be trying to "win a contest" or anything. I apologise to those who have been annoyed by me or whom I've indirectly offended.
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
I try to be a good member and get along with everyone, but some of you seem to think I'm attention seeking...the rep stuff was done in a lighthearted manner - I never meant to be trying to "win a contest" or anything. I apologise to those who have been annoyed by me or whom I've indirectly offended.
thanks for the appology but i don't see how you'v offended anybody by asking for rep but still people do easily get offended so...
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Come now Adhsur, I wasn't trying to get at you.

The ':P' at the bottom of my post was meant to show it was lighthearted.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You deserve all the rep you get (from myself anyway)!
Lucy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hey, stop worrying about what other people think of you and just be yourself
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ahh take it easy u know most people like you or dont mind u! well i dont nehows
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)
Come now Adhsur, I wasn't trying to get at you.

The ':P' at the bottom of my post was meant to show it was lighthearted.
It's not just you!! I just wish people wouldn't misinterpret me. One of the reasons I DON'T want to mod is because I want to get along with everyone.
Expredders
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You've handled this so well. It's just another reason why you should be a moderator. Have you thought about it yet? Please say yes!
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I want to get along with everyone.
thats always impossible points for trying tho
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Expredders)
You've handled this so well. It's just another reason why you should be a moderator. Have you thought about it yet? Please say yes!
Thanks for your encouragement...but really, I shouldn't be a mod, especially if some of the respected forum members are so against it. The mods are doing a good job at the moment - I don't think any more are needed.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by TK0)
thats always impossible points for trying tho
lol! bahhh. Ok maybe that was a slight exaggeration!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
some of the respected forum members are so against it.
Such as?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)
Such as?
Nah, I can't use names. Nevermind.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Quite honestly, the power of moderation is not given as a prize for winning a popularity contest. Don't know what the criteria are but still...
I would not mind at all if Rush was a mod, I know I would still think of her as the same and I don't see why other forumites can't either.
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hehe im sure ud be ok, all u gotta do is delete nasty stuff. if i had the job we'd be ****** free and oh so clean
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Quite honestly, the power of moderation is not given as a prize for winning a popularity contest. Don't know what the criteria are but still...
I would not mind at all if Rush was a mod, I know I would still think of her as the same and I don't see why other forumites can't either.
Well, as I have said, I would not really like to be mod but you're a great friend juwely - I appreciated that!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Maybe I should back off and not post for a while...then I won't be "self-obsessed" anymore. Hehehe, ironically enough I suppose this thread highlighted that I am!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, as I have said, I would not really like to be mod but you're a great friend juwely - I appreciated that!
You must at least give it some thought, I mean you're here all the time so you can devote time to modding us, while still being good old Adhsur. I don't doubt that you would make a great moderator.

And hey that's what mates are for!
Expredders
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
a_musical_gal said the same thing and she regrets it now.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Expredders)
a_musical_gal said the same thing and she regrets it now.
Hehehe, out of interest who are you? You started supporting me out of nowhere.

I don't know what's up with amg - she's always been a mystery in terms of changing aliases, etc. I think she's just insecure and doesn't feel quite at home in this forum anymore. It's a pity really, because she's quite a valuable member imho.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%