Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expredders)
    a_musical_gal said the same thing and she regrets it now.
    People are different. Maybe a_musical_gal regrets it because if she was mod she could have her avatars back...
    And what's with the begging Expredders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    People are different. Maybe a_musical_gal regrets it because if she was mod she could have her avatars back...
    And what's with the begging Expredders?
    Well why not? After all, she IS the princess of avatars. I think we can forgive her immaturity on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well why not? After all, she IS the princess of avatars. I think we can forgive her immaturity on that one.
    Yeah man and it's not like it's a bad thing (and you should be careful of using the word "immaturity" as it implies that it's bad)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Yeah man and it's not like it's a bad thing (and you should be careful of using the word "immaturity" as it implies that it's bad)...
    Heehehe, well perhaps I did mean it negatively.

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't be a mod, especially if some of the respected forum members are so against it.

yup, im nosey too....who???

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    yup, im nosey too....who???

love Katy***
    To name one example - petrozzi.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt worry, he doesnt like me because im welsh.

love KAty ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i wouldnt worry, he doesnt like me because im welsh.

love KAty ***
    I'm not much for the Welsh accent I'll admitt, but for you to say I don't like you because you're Welsh is a little over the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I'm not much for the Welsh accent I'll admitt, but for you to say I don't like you because you're Welsh is a little over the top.

hmm ill forgive you then.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Libel!

Look Adhsur, I have never once said "you shouldn't be mod" so please don't make it look that I'm the bad guy. There's a lot of changes happened to the forum, a lot of new members and I feel its content has slowly changed into being less appealing to a more mature crowd. It seems the forum thesedays is more appealing to a young crowd who enjoy talking about oxbridge too much and will likely regret their lack of a childhood later in life. I try to be a fair guy (as you've pointed out) but some of the new members base their respect on post count and fronting themselves as a likable figure which obviously they're doing a good job of. For instance the fact that you've been offered moderator status. What's the big deal here? You posting this thread is exactly the type of behaviour that is making me cringe. Am I the bad one here?

ReputationRep:
    Libel!

Look Adhsur, I have never once said "you shouldn't be mod" so please don't make it look that I'm the bad guy. There's a lot of changes happened to the forum, a lot of new members and I feel its content has slowly changed into being less appealing to a more mature crowd. It seems the forum thesedays is more appealing to a young crowd who enjoy talking about oxbridge too much and will likely regret their lack of a childhood later in life. I try to be a fair guy (as you've pointed out) but some of the new members base their respect on post count and fronting themselves as a likable figure which obviously they're doing a good job of. For instance the fact that you've been offered moderator status. What's the big deal here? You posting this thread is exactly the type of behaviour that is making me cringe. Am I the bad one here?
    No of course not. You asked me to mention you, so I did. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    No of course not. You asked me to mention you, so I did. Don't worry.
    Hey, if you don't want to be a moderator, does that mean I get the job?

ReputationRep:
    is there a job going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    is there a job going?
    No idea - I'm just jumping on the bandwagon in an attempt of profit out of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    ***tries to think of a way to profit from situation***

ummm, rep anyone?

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of changes happened to the forum, a lot of new members and I feel its content has slowly changed into being less appealing to a more mature crowd. It seems the forum thesedays is more appealing to a young crowd who enjoy talking about oxbridge too much and will likely regret their lack of a childhood later in life. I try to be a fair guy (as you've pointed out) but some of the new members base their respect on post count and fronting themselves as a likable figure which obviously they're doing a good job of.
    I couldn't agree more. It seems that the world no longer has a place for oldies like us, Petrozzi...

Do you remember, back in the old days, when the only moderators were d, Koloth and Helen? Things were nicer then. Now, there's all these young whippersnappers running around and starting threads like "I should be a mod because I've been posting for an entire week!!!!!"

I remember when all this was just fields...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.