Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I was just wondering, because I have my module tests in January in Chemistry, biology and English Literature, should I have started revising by now? I started on Monday but then I asked my Chemistry teacher today and she said I've left it too late and there's no way I could get an A. Is she right or is she just trying to scare me to death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally)
    Hiya,
    I was just wondering, because I have my module tests in January in Chemistry, biology and English Literature, should I have started revising by now? I started on Monday but then I asked my Chemistry teacher today and she said I've left it too late and there's no way I could get an A. Is she right or is she just trying to scare me to death?
    The latter matey, I wish I could have the strength to start revision, all i've done is messed about this term... Oooh stupid me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally)
    Hiya,
    she is ********ting. you've got loads of time.

ReputationRep:
    Revising now?? I haven't even started thinking about revision yet! None of my teachers have even mentioned it to me. I'll probably just do it over the xmas holidays

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you have a revision timetable that will ensure that you have covered all the work which needs to be learnt, leaving plenty of time to do past papers. Try not to leave things to properly the last minutes. If you're sensible about it, and revise hard, then you will give yourself a chance of doing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally)
    Hiya,
    i REALLY hope shes wrong cox im in second year and am doin 3 modules in jan and av not started wiv any of them yet lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Make sure that you have a revision timetable that will ensure that you have covered all the work which needs to be learnt, leaving plenty of time to do past papers. Try not to leave things to properly the last minutes. If you're sensible about it, and revise hard, then you will give yourself a chance of doing well.
    i keep think about doing revision because i have retakes but just can't find the time any tips apart from the usual time table what about recording it a playback while you sleep does that work ?

ReputationRep:
    she is ********ting. you've got loads of time.
    Oh good, I'm nervous enough as it is. All my friends say I worry too much but I really want to do well. I wanted to start early because for my GCSE's i left it all really late and I was a nervous wreck, I don't want to go through all that again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    i keep think about doing revision because i have retakes but just can't find the time any tips apart from the usual time table what about recording it a playback while you sleep does that work ?
    It might go into your subconscious mind, but dunno how it would be when trying to recall that information.

ReputationRep:
    Do loads of revision and do really well in AS, makes it so much easier at A2 then. Wish I'd worked at AS, would have made the second year so much better with lots less stress.

ReputationRep:
    damn the bannin of guests.....

i did bio n chem AS last year - if ure doin OCR just buy the offical OCR revision book then set about 6 days 4 chem n 6 for bio. Thats all it takes - learn the guides off by heart(read each page thru 3 times) n youre gauranteed an A in each o em - worked 4 me nehowz!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.