Help! how do you make a photo slide show?

Watch
smile4
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi
Im leaving for uni in sept and want to make a dvd slideshow thingy of some of the pics of my mates so we all have something to remeber each other by!
What programs could i use to do it? How have other people out there done it? also want to set it to music!

Any advice gratefully received! x
XDaydreamer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
windows movie maker? that's the only way to do it without getting any fancy programmes and you can have music and all sorts :rolleyes: i've used it to make video slideshows for friends' birthdays and stuff, it's really easy
smile4
(Original post by XDaydreamer)
windows movie maker? that's the only way to do it without getting any fancy programmes and you can have music and all sorts :rolleyes: i've used it to make video slideshows for friends' birthdays and stuff, it's really easy
Thanks that really helped, have started using movie maker and seems really good. quick question about it, do you no how you speed up the slide show of photos/ or decide how long a photo appears for? And can you alter the music so it fades out at the end?

thanks again x
XDaydreamer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by smile4)
Thanks that really helped, have started using movie maker and seems really good. quick question about it, do you no how you speed up the slide show of photos/ or decide how long a photo appears for? And can you alter the music so it fades out at the end?

thanks again x
yepp, to do both of those you have to click on show timeline (it's just above where the photos are) and you can just click on the pictures and drag the red arrow to shorten/speed them up. And to fade music you right click on it and click fade out.
Hope that makes sense
smile4
(Original post by XDaydreamer)
yepp, to do both of those you have to click on show timeline (it's just above where the photos are) and you can just click on the pictures and drag the red arrow to shorten/speed them up. And to fade music you right click on it and click fade out.
Hope that makes sense
Thanks thats really helpful. 1 more question when you insert music what format do you have it in beacuse when i try it come up with "codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer" Do you no what this means, did you have this problem?
twiy
Report 11 years ago
flash

go to www.oman3d.com
they got good tutorials on making flash slideshow
XDaydreamer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by smile4)
Thanks thats really helpful. 1 more question when you insert music what format do you have it in beacuse when i try it come up with "codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer" Do you no what this means, did you have this problem?
I used mp3s on mine and that worked OK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads