The Student Room Group

Help! how do you make a photo slide show?

Hi
Im leaving for uni in sept and want to make a dvd slideshow thingy of some of the pics of my mates so we all have something to remeber each other by!
What programs could i use to do it? How have other people out there done it? also want to set it to music!

Any advice gratefully received! x :biggrin:
windows movie maker? that's the only way to do it without getting any fancy programmes and you can have music and all sorts :rolleyes: i've used it to make video slideshows for friends' birthdays and stuff, it's really easy
Reply 2
XDaydreamer
windows movie maker? that's the only way to do it without getting any fancy programmes and you can have music and all sorts :rolleyes: i've used it to make video slideshows for friends' birthdays and stuff, it's really easy

Thanks that really helped, have started using movie maker and seems really good. quick question about it, do you no how you speed up the slide show of photos/ or decide how long a photo appears for? And can you alter the music so it fades out at the end?

thanks again x
smile4
Thanks that really helped, have started using movie maker and seems really good. quick question about it, do you no how you speed up the slide show of photos/ or decide how long a photo appears for? And can you alter the music so it fades out at the end?

thanks again x

yepp, to do both of those you have to click on show timeline (it's just above where the photos are) and you can just click on the pictures and drag the red arrow to shorten/speed them up. And to fade music you right click on it and click fade out.
Hope that makes sense :smile:
Reply 4
XDaydreamer
yepp, to do both of those you have to click on show timeline (it's just above where the photos are) and you can just click on the pictures and drag the red arrow to shorten/speed them up. And to fade music you right click on it and click fade out.
Hope that makes sense :smile:

Thanks thats really helpful. 1 more question when you insert music what format do you have it in beacuse when i try it come up with "codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer" Do you no what this means, did you have this problem? :smile:
Reply 5
flash

go to www.oman3d.com
they got good tutorials on making flash slideshow
smile4
Thanks thats really helpful. 1 more question when you insert music what format do you have it in beacuse when i try it come up with "codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer" Do you no what this means, did you have this problem? :smile:

I used mp3s on mine and that worked OK

Latest

Trending

Trending