The Student Room Group

FCO Executive Assistant Application

Has anyone else seen/applied for this?

http://www.fcoadmin.co.uk/html/apply.htm

I've logged in but the application form I see only has three sections: "Select a Position", "Minimum Eligibility" and "Personal Information", and after completing those you come to a submit section.

The information on the main page said the form would have sections for the competency questions, employment history, etc. Since I don't see these I'm assuming those sections appear after submitting the initial form, but can anyone confirm this?

I know this may be a stupid question, but I want to make sure it's not just a Mac compatibility issue or something.

Cheers!

JSG

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heya, I'm in the process for applying for this. Was also worried when it said submit after giving so little info (I'm on a pc), but after you submit that they check that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria & then you get the full form.
Reply 2
That's great to know. Thanks a lot, and best of luck with your application!
I have applied for this too. Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 4
doingmybest
I have applied for this too. Good luck everyone :smile:

You're a first year....?
Quady
You're a first year....?

Yes, I've just finished my first year (assuming that I passed my exams :smile: )
However, I'm a Mature Student and I think that it would suit me better to work full time and continue my studies part time. In addition, I was actually planning on applying for this role upon graduation anyway (or the Faststream), so to have the chance to get my foot in the door earlier would be fab! I read that they like to promote internally depending upon your performance; I would do everything I could to prove myself and work my way up the ladder. I feek it's an opportunity that's too good to pass by.

I should add, that I've applied for the AA role, but I would be interested in the EO role too. When I applied, it states that the application is for both, so I'm not sure if they consider you for both roles.

Do you think I stand a chance? Ant advice would be great. :smile:
Reply 6
I'm going to see if I can fail to get yet another application form (online or paper) completed in time. Well I might actually manage to do it, but considering my complete lack of spare time atm I doubt it... :frown:
Hi everyone, I've just applied!

Good luck to you all.
Reply 8
Looks like the deadline has been extended until monday. Now I have to decide whether to try to fill in my details tomorrow whilst our youngest daughter is having her morning nap, or to do some of the work that needs doing in the garden before we go away for a week...

Hmm...
Stomm
Looks like the deadline has been extended until monday. Now I have to decide whether to try to fill in my details tomorrow whilst our youngest daughter is having her morning nap, or to do some of the work that needs doing in the garden before we go away for a week...

Hmm...

Hmm, so they have. I wonder why that is:confused: I received an email advising me that I'll know by June 12th, if I'm successful and progressing to the next stage. I'm sooo impatient!

Fill out the form; then have a beer; then do the garden :smile:
Reply 10
doingmybest
Hmm, so they have. I wonder why that is:confused: I received an email advising me that I'll know by June 12th, if I'm successful and progressing to the next stage. I'm sooo impatient!

Fill out the form; then have a beer; then do the garden :smile:

Not with the flipping cold the girls and I have got atm, I end up opening the fridge to put the honey away... I'll see what I can do on Friday or Saturday.
Did everyone get their application in on time? :smile:

I hate the waiting and it hasn't even been that long really!! Roll on the 12th June.
Got mine in, but as I left it until the new deadline (well day before) my message said I wouldn't hear until the 17th.

Anyone else also apply to the DCSF Executive Officer role?
Reply 13
doingmybest
Did everyone get their application in on time? :smile:

'Fraid not, I also happened to fly to Tuscany on the Sunday, just got back. Travlleing with small children is stressful I can tell you, especially trying to lug two large car seats and six cases around and airport, never mind trugging them on the hire-car transfer bus. Good job I've been buying a lot of compost for the garden the last few months...

Anyway ranting on the problems involved with travelling with toddlers aside, it meant that when I could have filled in the form I was instead doing last minute packing, trying to get the garden ready for my absence, etc...

So, good luck to everyone that did get the form in on time. I'm likely to be stuck at home with the kids for another couple of years, and won't really have any real time to properly apply for jobs until January. Maybe I'll join those that succeed in a year or two...
Mmm, quite annoyed with the extension. I had my degree results and the outcome of this due during the same time. Got a bit confused with the lack of emails!

Are we supposed have heard from Saville yet? I'm still yet to recieve anything.
crushedfruit
Mmm, quite annoyed with the extension. I had my degree results and the outcome of this due during the same time. Got a bit confused with the lack of emails!

Are we supposed have heard from Saville yet? I'm still yet to recieve anything.

When I applied, I thought that it stated that we'd hear by the 12th? Maybe they changed it when they extended the date. I have heard nothing as of yet. No email at all since I applied. I just want to know!!! :p:
:frown: I spoke too soon. I just received a rejection :frown:

Good luck to everyone else :smile:
I'm out too :frown: really annoyed as thought I'd really be in with a chance. Hey ho, the job search continues...
Hi there everyone, new to this site.....

I applied for this job as well and got my notification of passing the first stage yesterday :smile:
They said a link would be sent to us to do the online tests next (on the 17th) however at the point of writing this I still don't have this link......

I would imagine that the timing along with the vast scale of the recruitment campaign was the reason for the extension further into the week after.... Whoever planned this I don't think took into account that the week in which it was open was also bank holiday weekend.... and a vast number of people would be absent for most of that week or certainly that weekend.....this may have lead the several people approaching the recruitment agency who in turn may have given further time to allow for this difficulty...
In addition if you downloaded the FAQ's for this role you'd have read they are after 110 EA's and 55 AA's.... (165 posts!!!) To get a suitable pool of candidates (and given there are 3 sifting stages) they would in my opinion probably taken a vast number of apps before being satisfied with numbers.... this combined with the bank holiday comment would make a strong argument for a worthy extension....

I did however manage to submit mine within the first week, I was not aware of the extension and furiously crafted it out the very day before the 12pm deadline.....

Good luck to anyone else who has also made it through and apologies to those who have not.
Errrghh I didn't make it through.

So the recession is so bad I can't even pass the first stage to file some papers.

All the best KungFuPanda!

Latest

Trending

Trending