Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody know when the UK is ever going to change its boring licensing laws? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anybody? I'm sick of the 11pm close. Midnight is much better! Its soo damn restrictive....

Adam

ReputationRep:
    changing as we speak pub by pub

was out till 6 am last week

ReputationRep:
    it really annoyes me when i fancy a drink at bout 10:50....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Anybody? I'm sick of the 11pm close. Midnight is much better! Its soo damn restrictive....

Adam
    midnight = boo
    lock-ins = hooray

ReputationRep:
    well i read on another site that changes are coming into effect 1st april 2004...

ReputationRep:
    I agree the times that pubs shut is pretty dumb but clubs as well, the only other place to close clubs so early is America, and the trains as well.
    If you go clubbing usually you have to go somewhere about 10 miles away, and when you finish at 2am you have to get a taxi because all my friends that drive aren't going to play designated driver.
    In Holland the clubs stay open till 6pm and there are trains throughout the night to get home. My friend Janine who is from there used to go to the biggest club in Holland which was about 30 miles away and still get home even if it was like 5am because she didn't have to worry about missing the last train or bus. People are willing to do 24 hour shifts in Tescos and garages but why not clubs and pubs?

ReputationRep:
    you poor people...haha
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by byb3)
    well i read on another site that changes are coming into effect 1st april 2004...
    April Fool!!

Here they re open till 3am Sunday to Thursday and 6am Friday to Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Here they re open till 3am Sunday to Thursday and 6am Friday to Saturday.
    Holland sounds very sensible...I'll be moving there then!! wizard are those pubs or clubs? it is so annoying, cos when the pub shuts im always in two minds about whether to get the last bus home or go to a club and get a taxi back...most of the clubs i go to are in central london so taxis back are bare expensive even the clubs shut at 3am :mad:
    truth, are they really changing the licensing laws? to what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Holland sounds very sensible...I'll be moving there then!! wizard are those pubs or clubs? it is so annoying, cos when the pub shuts im always in two minds about whether to get the last bus home or go to a club and get a taxi back...most of the clubs i go to are in central london so taxis back are bare expensive even the clubs shut at 3am :mad:
    in Europe we currently enjoy bar opening times until 5am and clubs until 12pm next day in some cities. public transport at these times is both safe and cheap. bearing in mind the British drinking culture, relaxing open times would be a blessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    in Europe we currently enjoy bar opening times until 5am and clubs until 12pm next day in some cities. public transport at these times is both safe and cheap. bearing in mind the British drinking culture, relaxing open times would be a blessing.
    That really brings home how ridiculous England really is. Even in Scotland the opening hours are longer.

ReputationRep:
    they aren't changing then, and they properly will never change them. There is a club in warringtop that closses at 3 AM yippe and you can drink from 9 to them

Pubs close at 3am Sunday to Thursday and 6am Friday to Saturday. Clubs are open every night till 6-7am. Cafes are open till 1am every night.

ReputationRep:
    That really brings home how ridiculous England really is. Even in Scotland the opening hours are longer.
    and there is never much drunken behaviour, violence or vandalism..only from the british tourists mind you.

ReputationRep:
    and there is never much drunken behaviour, violence or vandalism..only from the british tourists mind you.
    mmm. oh well. it's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the only thing I have ever fully agreed on you with vienna.

You could even dare say, it was a bit liberal of you?

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

Adam
    lots of places have licences to go on longer tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lots of places have licences to go on longer tho.
    not that much later mind you, most places here in bristol close by 2am (clubs that is)

relaxing the law is defiantly needed, stop people from bingeing earlier on to make most of the time

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.