Applicant Enquiries Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cynical Chris
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on the UCAS site 1 year on. If my
memory serves me correctly since the data is no longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or
I'm entitled to compensation?

Chris.
John Porcella
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Cynical Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on the UCAS site 1 year on. If[/q1]
[q1]> my memory serves me correctly since the data is[/q1]
no
[q1]> longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or I'm entitled to compensation?[/q1]

You can only sue for damages, in general, if you have suffered a loss. How have you suffered a loss?

--
MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
Rosy Watts
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on the UCAS site 1 year on. If[/q1]
no
[q1]> longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or I'm entitled to compensation?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Chris.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Mine's still there too. Don't suppose they can be bothered to remove it.

Rosy
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
no
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Chris.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Chris,

I left your record on - as I knew you would need it - and wow you did !

Now you have used it I have deleted it - and all others.

As for compensation - do you except Paypal ?

But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like to
access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.

I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD .

All best

Steve www.ucas.com
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Rosy Watts" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Cynical Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on[/q2]
the
[q2]> > UCAS site 1 year on. If my memory serves me correctly since the data is[/q2]
[q1]> no[/q1]
[q2]> > longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or I'm entitled to compensation?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Chris.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Mine's still there too. Don't suppose they can be bothered to remove it.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Rosy[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Rosy,

I have now been bothered - I love to work weekends with no pay :-(

Steve www.ucas.com
Cynical Chris
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Steven H" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news[email protected]...
[q1]> I left your record on - as I knew you would need it - and wow you did ![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Now you have used it I have deleted it - and all others.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> As for compensation - do you except Paypal ?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like to[/q1]
[q1]> access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD .[/q1]

Ah yes, excellent service from UCAS as always

Chris.
Cynical Chris
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"John Porcella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Cynical Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on[/q2]
the
[q2]> > UCAS site 1 year on. If my memory serves me correctly since the data is[/q2]
[q1]> no[/q1]
[q2]> > longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or I'm entitled to compensation?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> You can only sue for damages, in general, if you have suffered a loss.[/q1]
How
[q1]> have you suffered a loss?[/q1]

Emotional stress from constantly being reminded that I was "unsuccessful" ?

Chris.
-=Rg=-
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
no
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Chris.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Have you checked the T&Cs?
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> "Steven H" <[email protected] > wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > I left your record on - as I knew you would need it - and wow you did ![/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Now you have used it I have deleted it - and all others.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > As for compensation - do you except Paypal ?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like[/q2]
[q2]> > to access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD .[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Ah yes, excellent service from UCAS as always [/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Chris.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Chris,

I have been missing our little chats ;-)

Steve
Pete Bartlett
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

[q1]>I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD.[/q1]

<Goes to brain-part marked "Excuses"> I've been tutoring AS level maths for several months now so
need to keep my eye in with all those P1s and P2s nomenclature. Don't have any excuse for before
then though!

Pete
John Porcella
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "John Porcella" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > "Cynical Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q3]> > > In my extreme boredom I note I can still log in and see my details on[/q3]
[q1]> the[/q1]
[q3]> > > UCAS site 1 year on. If my memory serves me correctly since the data[/q3]
is
[q2]> > no[/q2]
[q3]> > > longer needed by UCAS it should have been deleted or I'm entitled to compensation?[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > You can only sue for damages, in general, if you have suffered a loss.[/q2]
[q1]> How[/q1]
[q2]> > have you suffered a loss?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Emotional stress from constantly being reminded that I was "unsuccessful"[/q1]
?
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Chris.[/q1]

LOL

--
MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Pete Bartlett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> <Goes to brain-part marked "Excuses"> I've been tutoring AS level maths[/q1]
for
[q1]> several months now so need to keep my eye in with all those P1s and P2s nomenclature. Don't have[/q1]
[q1]> any excuse for before then though![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Pete[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Pete,

'and my excuse is.......'

I have to keep my eye on this group - just waiting for Chris :-)

I must admit that it is quite good fun - but I only post when website issues arise, and I can
be bothered.

Steve www.ucas.com
Cynical Chris
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Pete Bartlett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >I guess it's a bit like keep coming on the 'A-Levels' newsgroup when your doing your PhD.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> <Goes to brain-part marked "Excuses">[/q1]

Cosmic disturbances....

Chris.
Imran
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
<briefly coming out of lurkerdom>

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:46:31 GMT, "Steven H" <[email protected] > wrote:

[q1]> But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like to[/q1]
[q1]> access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.[/q1]

<poke>

ntk quote:

" We're all looking for safety in this insecure world: it just happens that some of us aren't
looking very hard. Ploughing through the usual inbox of obscure and deliciously open Webservers, we
were very hard pushed this week to select the most embarrassing lack of home security. Was it the
university clearing service UCAS, who popped onto their public ftp server what appears to be a list
of some three hundred thousand students who accepted a place at Uni this year (with their home
addresses)? ftp://ftp.ucas.ac.uk/pub/accept_home.csv
- gone now; don't do it again!"

We never did get any explanation/apology about that, so what did happen there ?

Imran
--
TheOpenCd project Promoting Open Source software for Windows. http://www.theopencd.org
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Imran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> <briefly coming out of lurkerdom>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:46:31 GMT, "Steven H" <[email protected] > wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> > But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like[/q2]
[q2]> > to access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> <poke>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> ntk quote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> " We're all looking for safety in this insecure world: it just happens that some of us aren't[/q1]
[q1]> looking very hard. Ploughing through the usual inbox of obscure and deliciously open Webservers,[/q1]
[q1]> we were very hard pushed this week to select the most embarrassing lack of home security. Was it[/q1]
[q1]> the university clearing service UCAS, who popped onto their public ftp server what appears to be a[/q1]
[q1]> list of some three hundred thousand students who accepted a place at Uni this year (with their[/q1]
[q1]> home addresses)? ftp://ftp.ucas.ac.uk/pub/accept_home.csv[/q1]
[q1]> - gone now; don't do it again!"[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> We never did get any explanation/apology about that, so what did happen there ?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Imran[/q1]

What where the lyrics from that Shaggy song ?

Steve
Steven H
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> What where the lyrics from that Shaggy song ?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Steve[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

'were' - sorry it was late.

Steve
Cynical Chris
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Imran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > <briefly coming out of lurkerdom>[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:46:31 GMT, "Steven H" <[email protected] > wrote:[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q3]> > > But then the info was only available to people with the correct password - some people like[/q3]
[q3]> > > to access the page as a kind of comfort blanket, when the get to Uni.[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > <poke>[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > ntk quote:[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > " We're all looking for safety in this insecure world: it just happens that some of us aren't[/q2]
[q2]> > looking very hard. Ploughing through the usual inbox of obscure and deliciously open Webservers,[/q2]
[q2]> > we were very hard pushed this week to select the most embarrassing lack of home security. Was it[/q2]
[q2]> > the university clearing service UCAS, who popped onto their public ftp server what appears to be[/q2]
[q2]> > a list of some three hundred thousand students who accepted a place at Uni this year (with their[/q2]
[q2]> > home addresses)? ftp://ftp.ucas.ac.uk/pub/accept_home.csv[/q2]
[q2]> > - gone now; don't do it again!"[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > We never did get any explanation/apology about that, so what did happen there ?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Imran[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> What where the lyrics from that Shaggy song ?[/q1]

Something about sleeping on the bathroom floor?

Chris.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%