Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else having a prom? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, Im in the last year of sixth form doing alevels, wanted to know if anybody else is having a prom??
    I cant wait!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Last year, my sixth form's prom was cancelled due to 'lack of interest'. Can't say I was disappointed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Just out of interest, Im in the last year of sixth form doing alevels, wanted to know if anybody else is having a prom??
    I cant wait!
    xxx
    my sixth form has one evry year for teh people leaving for uni. i went last year when in year 12, good evening. i might not bother with it this year because most of the people at my sixth form are ***** lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    my sixth form has one evry year for teh people leaving for uni. i went last year when in year 12, good evening. i might not bother with it this year because most of the people at my sixth form are ***** lol
    lol ours shud be a good evening, we r inviting everyone back who left in yr 11 aswelll apparantly...although cant help thinking it will all go wrong like everything else they organise at mt school...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    lol ours shud be a good evening, we r inviting everyone back who left in yr 11 aswelll apparantly...although cant help thinking it will all go wrong like everything else they organise at mt school...lol
    My school are so stuck in the stone age they refuse to have anything to do with it - the teachers won't organise it and we cant hold it at school...fair enough i do go to a single sex school but there is a boys school literally next door which we do everything wit and is like an extension of ours...is it too much to ask??? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    My school are so stuck in the stone age they refuse to have anything to do with it - the teachers won't organise it and we cant hold it at school...fair enough i do go to a single sex school but there is a boys school literally next door which we do everything wit and is like an extension of ours...is it too much to ask??? :mad:
    I'm in a single sex school aswell. but the teachers are all for it, helping us organise it, but sumin is always guaranteed to go wrong lol. Thas unfair, u shud just get a big group together and organise it urself and show them u can organise one without there help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    I'm in a single sex school aswell. but the teachers are all for it, helping us organise it, but sumin is always guaranteed to go wrong lol. Thas unfair, u shud just get a big group together and organise it urself and show them u can organise one without there help!!
    Yeh, it shall be done! we managed to organise one for our GCSEs on a boat on the Thames which was wicked, so i know it's possible! i think the teachers just dont want2 get involved with what boys to invite, how to look after it, that kinda stuff. tight *******s!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Yeh, it shall be done! we managed to organise one for our GCSEs on a boat on the Thames which was wicked, so i know it's possible! i think the teachers just dont want2 get involved with what boys to invite, how to look after it, that kinda stuff. tight *******s!!
    Yea go for it! stupid teachers. wow, on a boat, that sounds wikid!

ReputationRep:
    I was at a single sex school too, the school wouldn't organise a ball, so we did, we had 4 during my time in 6th form, all really successful. Well, apart from the boys trashing the hotel at the lower 6th christmas ball... Ah well, it was due to be demolished anyway!

ReputationRep:
    We had a Dinner Dance for year 13 leavers, it was a really good night, had it at a local restaurant/club place and it was organised by the Headboy/girl. A lot of the teachers came and got very drunk and made fools out of themselves! Fantastic, wouldn't have missed it for the world!

We also had christmas 6th form parties, and the school have recently been banned from every returning to Destiny and Elite in Derby, after they drank the bar dry and then trashed the place the year after I left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    I was at a single sex school too, the school wouldn't organise a ball, so we did, we had 4 during my time in 6th form, all really successful. Well, apart from the boys trashing the hotel at the lower 6th christmas ball... Ah well, it was due to be demolished anyway!
    lol! the fear!

ReputationRep:
    i didn't get to have one cos my headmaster was a cheap basterd.

and still is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i didn't get to have one cos my headmaster was a cheap basterd.
    yeah, harsh isn't it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    We organise our own, so it depends on if the student council for our year wants to be bothered with it or not, if they can't be arsed, I'm dressing up and going out for my own prom instead

ReputationRep:
    we got one dis year for the yr13 but if they want, they can invite yr12 as a date!

ReputationRep:
    we had a prom in the 11th year, the build up and getting there was great (most people went in limo's but some people came in fireengines, tanks vintage cars etc) However, it was set in our school and with lots of teachers who were on ahnd to confiscate alchol etc and generally making a nuisance of themselves so the actual prom was crap.

13th year leavers was much better, it was down to th party committe to organise it and we hired out a big hotel in town and there were no teachers and generally it was a big piss up.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.