Metal gear solid

Watch
foxhoundmgs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I think the best metal gear game was the 3rd one.

Do you think they'll make a 5th one. Snake doesnt die...and I dont think naomi is dead either.
Meagz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Second that.

The third one was awesome!
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Concur with the above posts 3 was pretty decent, what did people think of number 2? Pile o' turd or what?
G550NDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think they will make one with raiden ! We shall find out tomo ! I say leave snake he left the series in a wiked way in the 4th game so leave it at that!
Sultanp
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fire2burn)
Concur with the above posts 3 was pretty decent, what did people think of number 2? Pile o' turd or what?
3rd one was the best overall game. 2nd one had the best gameplay.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mgs1>mgs3>mgs4>mgs2

thats how i'd rank it
Major Spoiler
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I want to play as Otacon.
Vivisteiner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mgs4 is awesome. Haven't played the others though, although I know much of the whole story because I spent a lot of time on Metal Gear Database.
AsphyxiateD
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Completed MGS2 45 times +, MGS4 12 times (world record, too ;D) and I dunno about MGS3/1... not as much. Though I do have a "perfect" European Extreme save on MGS3 where I 100%'d it and unlocked everything, as well as getting the annoying Foxhound rank.

In other words, MGS is my favourite game series. MGS2 is the best of them all.
Locke54
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still havn't played the fourth due to not having a PS3, I'm holding out in hope that it may somehow randomly reach the PC. Anyways I don't get this MGS2 bashing, it's a pretty damn good game, who cares if you're playing as Raiden or not, Snake is around for a good deal of the game, about the only annoying bit of it was all those cut scenes towards the end. And it was really the game that ushered in the era of the PS2/Xbox the graphics were just gorrrrgeous for the time.

As for the best game in the series, I think MGS3 just about pips MGS as the best game in the series mainly for it's story and gameplay (plus Eva is hooooot) whats the general consensus on 4 ? is it better than 3 ?
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Logan)
mgs1>mgs3>mgs4>mgs2

thats how i'd rank it
I think I'd actually put 2 ahead of 4.

4 was better as a film, but I think 2 was a better game.
Yorkie1314
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haven't played 4, so far it is 3>1>2 for me.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mgs1 has the best story, 4 the best gameplay, if only because they sorted out all the archaeic game mechanics so you weren't hindered by the controls for once.
darkos87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There is a metal gear society as far as I know.

Naomi is dead, Kojima better not bring back EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER UNDER THE SUN for the next metal gears.
MetalheadA7X
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
MGS1
Best game ever!
So glad i can play it on my PS3 with a virtual memory card

Got up to Psycho mantis the other day
Nelo Angelo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by foxhoundmgs)
I think the best metal gear game was the 3rd one.

Do you think they'll make a 5th one. Snake doesnt die...and I dont think naomi is dead either.
I'm pretty sure their going to make another metal gear however it will probably be a prequel and almost certainly won't feature solid snake. If anything it will either be a big boss prequel storyline or a sequel with a completely new hero. The whole point of 4 was to wrap up Solid Snake once and for all.
foxhoundmgs
Rep:
?
(Original post by fire2burn)

Nah i didnt like 2, i Just played it the other day.

I bought a ps2 so i could play mgs2 and mgs3. ive already played mgs4 and mgs1. The best one is mgs3

2 was annoying - I didnt like playing with raiden and 4 is just sad. I cried when Naomi...died..(or did she?)

and the Big boss after the credits
foxhoundmgs
Rep:
?
(Original post by AsphyxiateD)
Completed MGS2 45 times +, MGS4 12 times (world record, too ;D) and I dunno about MGS3/1... not as much. Though I do have a "perfect" European Extreme save on MGS3 where I 100%'d it and unlocked everything, as well as getting the annoying Foxhound rank.

In other words, MGS is my favourite game series. MGS2 is the best of them all.

Boy thats alot, i thought i played it too many times! I love the last battle between ocelot/liquid and snake...and screaming mantis, I LOVE THE B&BS.
acid8000
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by foxhoundmgs)
4 is just sad. I cried when Naomi...died..(or did she?)
Damn right it is, I'm only 2/3 of the way through and it's so bloody depressing. Image
FyreFight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
MGS1>MGS2>MGS3

The more surreal and unbelievable it got, the less enjoyable I found it. A man who shoots bees? A man who photosynthesises? Turns into a massive ****ing flying face of burning flame on death? No thanks.

Oh and thanks for the massive MGS4 spoilers guys. :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads