Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now I am half Scottish and patriotic, but I find it very odd that Labour only managed to get this Foundation hospitals thing through with the Scottish politicians' votes. Plus we have a Scottish minister for health. We can't vote health matters in Scotland, why should they vote on English?

ReputationRep:
    Because there are ministers that sit in both parliments, sorry. They could also have ones on that are half nad half.

If you think thats stupid, then in Ireland when the last parliment had a meating then it ended up in a brawl, that was bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss Spelled)
    Because there are ministers that sit in both parliments, sorry. They could also have ones on that are half nad half.

If you think thats stupid, then in Ireland when the last parliment had a meating then it ended up in a brawl, that was bad
    My goodness, barbarians!! It is a fact that Scottish politicians vote on our health matters while we can't vote on theirs though. why?

ReputationRep:

Please enlighten me - What parliament in Ireland, details of the brawl etc?

ReputationRep:
    I think she is dreaming it up.

ReputationRep:
    you mean he is. No hes not don't you want the news. The last time they had a session outside in the rooms of Stormont they were having a brawl between the differen't sections as they couldn't aggree on anything, as you have the Irsh MPs against the North Irsh MPs, and britshi govenments is going to have the police there next time they want to try next year in the spring, so there

ReputationRep:
    you mean he is. No hes not don't you want the news. The last time they had a session outside in the rooms of Stormont they were having a brawl between the differen't sections as they couldn't aggree on anything, as you have the Irsh MPs against the North Irsh MPs, and britshi govenments is going to have the police there next time they want to try next year in the spring, so there
    Oh you mean the Northern Irish Assembly NOT the Irish parliament. Remember that Stormont is part of the British Government. Also, I thought the brawl was between UUP and DUP (Protestant factions)
    If you ever get the opportunity to see the Dail (Irish parliament) in session you would see that it really puts our House of Commons to shame. They are very civilised and 'grown-up' and do not resort to personal put -downs. You would think that our politicians, knowing they are been televised, would desist from treating it like a pantomime.

ReputationRep:
    1) Your name leads me to believe that you are a girl.
    2) Northern Ireland /= Ireland
    3) I don't think you really took in what you saw on the TV.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.