Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got broken into on monday and I'm disgusted that someone could come into my house and take my things (well not my things, but my housemates things, they only stole a cheap pair of earrings and a lighter from my room, apparently I don't have anything worth stealing!)

What possesses someone to rob a house? Its horrible, and I don't feel safe in my own home now. I know student areas tend to be worst hit for crime, but its bad and wrong and I'm upset!

ReputationRep:
    ive had sum1 nick a couple of things outside my house but i aint neva had ne1 break in and nick sumtin.but i wudnt b 2 worried cos iv got a german sheppard and a rottweiler

ReputationRep:
    i got broken into years ago.. they had the video player, expensive camera, load of vids and cds,,

this was when i was about 6 or 7 and i was really scared for ages after that the i wud happen again.

ReputationRep:
    You think that's bad? Someone once broke into my Uncle's house and took a dump on his bed.

Nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You think that's bad? Someone once broke into my Uncle's house and took a dump on his bed.

Nasty.
    You are joking ... right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)

Nasty.
    That's a pretty creative insult!

ReputationRep:
    My dad works at a charity and the other day there was loads of money stolen. That is extremely low, how could anyone steal from a charity? It's disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    Some fool tried to break in while we were all in the house.
    Me and my mum were in the back sitting room and we heard this massive crash and my dad was shouting. He thought I'd 'pulled my cabinet down on' myself (I was rather insulted by that assumption at the time) and shouted 'DON'T MOVE, STAY WHERE YOU ARE' (quite an amusing choice of words considering) and ran upstairs. We went to find out what was going on and quickly found out the window in the front sitting room had been smashed. There wasn't a brick and it was quite clear someone had pushed aside the big dolls house thing infront of the window.

The person must have had quite a shock- would have thought my dad was shouting at him/her.

Anyway, we called the police but it was quite some time before they turned up. They said we should have called 999 which seemed unecessary at the time, considering it wasn't an emergency, so they could have called out tracker dogs! We also has people come and dust for finger prints etc (though unsuprisingly got nothing).

My sister, whose room is next door to that one, slept upstairs for weeks. It was also quite worrying when some guy in her year apparently said 'Next time I'll smash in your other window' or something. Hmmm...

---

Sorry about that, didn't intend to go into it as such...ah well...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.