The Student Room Group

Good food/drink that helps you revise

If there are any students here, what energy drinks do you use for revision?

Because I just can't motivate myself, although exams are only a couple of weeks away

I've tried red bull, but it does nothing for me:no:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
food/drink won't motivate you on their own.

you need to find some drive and determination of your own.

by all means reward yourself with food and get some of your favourite stuff in as a treat and something to look forward to if that's what floats your boat..

what food/drink do you like? try buying your favourite stuff and having some after every half-an-hour of revision that you complete!!

good luck :smile:
BJP
food/drink won't motivate you on their own.

you need to find some drive and determination of your own.

by all means reward yourself with food and get some of your favourite stuff in as a treat and something to look forward to if that's what floats your boat..

what food/drink do you like? try buying your favourite stuff and having some after every half-an-hour of revision that you complete!!

good luck :smile:

well i like orange juice but isnt that bad for your teeth?

and red bull has an addictive taste, i was just wondering if it actually works or if people just "imagine" it to work?

thanks.
Reply 3
Did you not see the season finale of the Inbetweeners? Energy drinks are bad. :sadnod:
Have a beer.
BJack
Did you not see the season finale of the Inbetweeners? Energy drinks are bad. :sadnod:

why the hell do energy drinks make you **** yourself though?
and surely thats only if you have like 10 a day
Reply 6
Large strong black coffee. Interchange with mugs of tea, and juice for sugar :smile: It's all about quantity with me. Large drink means less trips getting more drinks hence more revision hence better grades... um....
(Also completely agree with BJack.)
Drink water...lots, keeps ur brain hydrated so u concentrate better, u can revisise more effectivly 4 longer.
as for food, i find fruit and nuts help me for snacks!
red bull has 8x the rda of caffiene! v. bad!
apocalipse117
Drink water...lots, keeps ur brain hydrated so u concentrate better, u can revisise more effectivly 4 longer.
as for food, i find fruit and nuts help me for snacks!
red bull has 8x the rda of caffiene! v. bad!

u mean those small bags of nuts u get in tesco... they dont look very tasty but i'll do anything to do well in these exams...
eh, are you serious? as others already said the right food isn't gonna get you the grades you want, its merely another excuse to avoid actually revising.
keepoffthelawn
eh, are you serious? as others already said the right food isn't gonna get you the grades you want, its merely another excuse to avoid actually revising.

i completely disagree... i have problems concentrating.
roberttepperfan
u mean those small bags of nuts u get in tesco... they dont look very tasty but i'll do anything to do well in these exams...

i'm quite partial to cashews myself!!:smile:

but i'm not saying it'll help u in ur exams, i just find stuff like crisps makes me want to eat and slob out! nuts help me focus!!
well apparently nuts are good for concentration... i swear i read that somewhere
Reply 13
relentless, asda blue charge, tesco kick!
crack always gets me on the ball
Reply 15
How about a nice big cup of "You're going to fail!" followed by a plate of "Missed opportunities!" to get you working!

Those worries just kicked in for me and I'm working pretty fast!
Reply 16
:frown:
roberttepperfan

i think the main point is to concentrate and focus on what you are doing...
i always get distracted by random stuff and i dont know what to do:frown:
Reply 17
2 litre bottle of tesco kick and about 1kg of pro plus should do you find my man
roberttepperfan

I didn't mean to sound offensive. What i meant is that energy drinks (or whatever it is you're looking for) is not going to make you more motivated to study. Believe me. Stop thinking about an easier way out, there is no shortcut when it comes to this. All you can do is to just drag your ass to the library and study, that requires self-discipline. If you find yourself dozing off whilst studying then you could benefit from energydrinks or coffee (they keep you alert), but to drink energydrinks to motivate yourself to study is just kidding yourself.

And if you really do have a serious concentration problem like ADHD then you should take a trip to the GP instead.
Reply 19
well i used to use diet red bull to help me concentrate and it did help, or maybe its all just in my head but once i drank two within 2 days and started having really bad heart palpitations. At first I just thought it was cos of stress and obviously I knew that the volume of caffeine was never gonna be great but once i started googling it realised that it was definately the red bull. well that kinda freaked me out so never drank it again, but i find a good breakfast and tea or coffee usually gets you hyped up and ready to revise.

Quick Reply

Latest