This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
heres the full story from theonering.net

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1068240351

they've also started a petition (not sure where) to bring him back. if you find it, make sure you sign it.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
heres the full story from theonering.net

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1068240351

they've also started a petition (not sure where) to bring him back. if you find it, make sure you sign it.
Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king, because he didn't go far enough in TTT. All of them are too short though in my opinion, and it wrecks the storyline if these sorts of things are taken out.

If the love was for the movie, rather than profit, then a much better job would have been made.
savy_frodo
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king, because he didn't go far enough in TTT. All of them are too short though in my opinion, and it wrecks the storyline if these sorts of things are taken out.

If the love was for the movie, rather than profit, then a much better job would have been made.
I AGREE! at first I thought that those who were bashing jackson in the beginning were just trying to start an argument.... but now I really dislike him. :mad: I personally don't think that movies made from books are any good....they ruin the whole thing for all the hardcore fans.
CraigVilla
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king
How do you know if you haven't seen it? Reserve judjement till 17th December please!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Denia xxxxxxxxx)
How do you know if you haven't seen it? Reserve judjement till 17th December please!
If Christopher Lee or Brad Dourif aren't in it, then it will be bad.
CraigVilla
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
If Christopher Lee or Brad Dourif aren't in it, then it will be bad.
Nope, it will be awesome, just like the last 2.
Dude
Rep:
?
we know cos it is over every major LOTR site.
CraigVilla
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
we know cos it is over every major LOTR site.
No, I was asking how he knows Peter Jackson has ruined ROTK when he hasn't seen it yet.
Dude
Rep:
?
No, I was asking how he knows Peter Jackson has ruined ROTK when he hasn't seen it yet.
well it is ruined. Sarumon is possibly the best character in the book. and if he aint in it, the film is ruined.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By the way he has changed the story, taking out the scouring of the shire etc.
LOTR was a perfect story before, although a little short, and Jackson's making it shorter, so i don't need to reserve judgement until i've seen it.
I'm sure i'll like the film, but not as much as if it was done properly.
Dude
Rep:
?
so will i. but as good as some films can be, they will never replace the books.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads