Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heres the full story from theonering.net

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1068240351

they've also started a petition (not sure where) to bring him back. if you find it, make sure you sign it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    heres the full story from theonering.net

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1068240351

they've also started a petition (not sure where) to bring him back. if you find it, make sure you sign it.
    Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king, because he didn't go far enough in TTT. All of them are too short though in my opinion, and it wrecks the storyline if these sorts of things are taken out.

If the love was for the movie, rather than profit, then a much better job would have been made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king, because he didn't go far enough in TTT. All of them are too short though in my opinion, and it wrecks the storyline if these sorts of things are taken out.

If the love was for the movie, rather than profit, then a much better job would have been made.
    I AGREE! at first I thought that those who were bashing jackson in the beginning were just trying to start an argument.... but now I really dislike him. :mad: I personally don't think that movies made from books are any good....they ruin the whole thing for all the hardcore fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Jackson's totally wrecked Return of the king
    How do you know if you haven't seen it? Reserve judjement till 17th December please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denia xxxxxxxxx)
    How do you know if you haven't seen it? Reserve judjement till 17th December please!
    If Christopher Lee or Brad Dourif aren't in it, then it will be bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    If Christopher Lee or Brad Dourif aren't in it, then it will be bad.
    Nope, it will be awesome, just like the last 2.

ReputationRep:
    we know cos it is over every major LOTR site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    we know cos it is over every major LOTR site.
    No, I was asking how he knows Peter Jackson has ruined ROTK when he hasn't seen it yet.

ReputationRep:
    No, I was asking how he knows Peter Jackson has ruined ROTK when he hasn't seen it yet.
    well it is ruined. Sarumon is possibly the best character in the book. and if he aint in it, the film is ruined.

ReputationRep:
    By the way he has changed the story, taking out the scouring of the shire etc.
    LOTR was a perfect story before, although a little short, and Jackson's making it shorter, so i don't need to reserve judgement until i've seen it.
    I'm sure i'll like the film, but not as much as if it was done properly.

ReputationRep:
    so will i. but as good as some films can be, they will never replace the books.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.