This discussion is closed.
catz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
does anyone have any tips or helpfull comments about writing a personal statement? I have not done ANYTHING on it since 3 years ago and need to boost it a bit coz it SUCKS! But only problem is I only have 2 weeks before i send off my application form and I need a hand. ta catz x
Cobain
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I've only started to do the third draft, the best tip is to check it in with your tutor every draft you make, they tell you things that may need to be added or taken out, you do that, bring it back, keep doing this until you've got something to be proud of
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by catz)
does anyone have any tips or helpfull comments about writing a personal statement? I have not done ANYTHING on it since 3 years ago and need to boost it a bit coz it SUCKS! But only problem is I only have 2 weeks before i send off my application form and I need a hand. ta catz x
When I spoke to the Universities that have rejected me (so far) I was told it was down to the reference only estimating "c or above" in grades as opposed to a bad personal satement or something.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads