The Student Room Group
Yup I'm doing this tomorrow. But good luck on finding Blood Brother stuff, it's next to impossible to find anything, I've been looking for quite a while, I might have been looking in the wrong places, but I haven't found a thing..
Reply 2
atman7
Anyone else got this exam tomororw?
if so does anyone have any good revision material for Blood brothers that i can use and does anyone know the best approach to do the unseen poem?

thanks

Not doing blood brothers so can't help you there.

But, for the unseen poem, my teacher says the best way to attempt it is to mainly write about how it makes you feel. Add in a few technical bits (enjabment/caesura etc) and your done :smile:

When writing about how it makes you feel, remember to look at particular word choices etc :yep:
Reply 3
im doing same as you, your teacher should of gave you some resources for all things (blood brothers/Of mice and men/poetry)

All you need to do is re-read the book, and answer some essay questions, i think some questions are still on the forum so search for them.

EDIT:

Past papers

Blood Brothers Pack

Blood Brothers
(b) Imagine that you are giving advice to the actor taking the part of Mrs Lyons in the play. Advise her how to present the character to an audience. If you wish, you may focus on specific parts of the play. [20]

Or;

(c) Remind yourself of the end of the play (from where Mickey is hammering on his door, calling for Linda). What makes this part of the play exciting and moving for an audience? [20]

---

(b) For which character do you have more sympathy, Mickey or Edward? Give detailed reasons for what you say. [20]

Or;

(c) What do you think of Mrs Johnstone? [20]

Think about:
- Her relationship with Mrs Lyons.
- Her relationship with Mickey and Edward.
- Her relationship with other characters.
- The way she speaks and behaves at different points in the play.

---

(b) Imagine you are Mrs Lyons. At the end of the play you think back over what has happened. Write your thoughts and feelings. Remember how Mrs Lyons would speak when you write your answer. [20]

Think about:
- Your feelings about Mrs Johnstone.
- Your relationship with Edward.
- Your feeling about what happened.

Or;

(c) What you think the Narrator adds to an audience's enjoyment and understanding of Blood Brothers? [20]

Think about:
- The different part he plays.
- What he says.
- The way he says it.

Of Mice and Men
(b) Imagine you are George. At the end of the story you think back over your relationship with Lennie. Write down your thoughts and feelings. [20]

You may wish to think about:
- Your early time together.
- The time you spent at the ranch.
- The end of the story.

Or;

(c) Which character do you have most sympathy for? Write about your chosen character, explaining why you feel sympathy for him/her. [20]

---

(b) What do you think of Curly? [20]

Think about:
- His first appearance, in Chapter 2.
- His relationship with the other characters.
- The fight with Lennie.
- The way he speaks and behaves.

Or;

(c) George, Crooks, Curley's wife, Candy, and Lennie all have their dreams.

Write about the dreams of two of these characters. Explain why, in each case, the dream does not come true. [20]

---

(b) Imagine that George was charged with murder of Lennie. What could be said in his defence? [20]

Think about:
- The relationship between George and Lennie before they arrived at the ranch.
- What happened at the ranch.
- Their relationship with others on the ranch.
- The end of the novel.

Or;

(c) Write what happens in chapter 5, when Curley's wife is killed in the barn. What makes this part of the novel gripping and moving for the reader? [20]

All found via searches (added some OMAM as some may need them)
Reply 4
There's a bullet-pointed plan above the unseen poem which can be summed up in a couple of lengthy paragraphs:

- the content or subject matter
- interesting words/phrases/techniques
- your own opinion (perhaps focusing on a particularly effective bit).

dr2012 is right to say "write about how it makes you feel" - remember that the question asks you to specifically talk about "[the poem]'s effect on you". You've only got half an hour so they're not looking for degree-standard material.
Reply 5
nemesis88
There's a bullet-pointed plan above the unseen poem which can be summed up in a couple of lengthy paragraphs:

- the content or subject matter
- interesting words/phrases/techniques
- your own opinion (perhaps focusing on a particularly effective bit).

dr2012 is right to say "write about how it makes you feel" - remember that the question asks you to specifically talk about "[the poem]'s effect on you". You've only got half an hour so they're not looking for degree-standard material.

Thankyouu

Latest