Is confidence more attractive than good looks?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Are you usually more attracted to someone who is quite average looking with a lot of confidence (not arrogance), rather than someone good looking who is shy/lacks confidence? People always say looks are so important, but in reality it seems like the confident ones get all the attention from the opposite sex and end up in relationships, even if they are plain. I know loads of pretty shy girls who don't get male attention beacuse guys don't seem to notice them as much as the outgoing ones. What do you think?
Anonymous #1
Anyone?
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well personally I'd like an outgoing, confident guy much more than a hot, shy, retiring one. But I guess it's more than that - just cos he's outgoing doesn't mean he's got the right personality for me, and just because he's shy and fit doesn't mean he doesn't.

... You get what I mean?
Resok
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Confidence certainly adds a whole new level to the person.
SnowAngel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Attraction is porbabaly the same, more confidence is probabaly more likely to get results, if you know what I mean.
KyranCurry
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think shy girls are well cute

Personally I don't go for looks all the time, i prefer personality. If i get both then it's a double win.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love confidence in girls. It can more then make up for a lack in attractivness. As long as they're not total dogs, of corse!
130ss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im a guy i dont mind shy girls.
tokyorose888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
confidence does mean alot, ive seen guys who could count as good looking but the way they speak and dress does make them a turn off, but ill still go for good looking (with a cool personality).
anitawee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes it is, basically owning a social situation makes you more attractive.
meercatman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess it just increases your chances of being noticed more than anything else. I think most people lack confidence and so when people have some, it makes you stand out a bit.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SnowAngel)
Attraction is porbabaly the same, more confidence is probabaly more likely to get results, if you know what I mean.
So do you mean, you're likely to be attracted to both equally, but you'd go for the confident one because they're easier to talk to or approach?
Hydrargyros
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I love shy girls but would go out with the loud ones too.
If something isn't attractive, its girls who are mean and agressive.
SnowAngel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So do you mean, you're likely to be attracted to both equally, but you'd go for the confident one because they're easier to talk to or approach?
Poetentially, yes.
paulapie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think confidence needs to only apply to the loud out-going type.. I think it's more just being confident in yourself, that's what I find attractive. Doesn't mean you need to draw attention to yourself though. Awkwardly shy people kind of annoy me after a while..
x-Disenchanted-x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Quasimodo swaggered in wearing "pimp" attire and checking himself out in reflections, I still probably wouldn't go there.
Xenopus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, I think good looking girls with any level of confidence are better than not so good looking girls. I would say personality would come into it but not confidence.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Confidence is better than looks.
chigz32
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
100% yes
Anonymous #1
But do you not think that if a girl is shy, her good personality or sense of humour isn't as noticable, making it less likely that people will be interested in her?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads