The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Teigan
Heaps of confidence will more than make up for average looks.

What about less than average looks?! :eek3:

TELL ME!
Anonymous
Yeah I reckon people find it difficult to make conversation with shy people so they don't bother. I don't know if a pretty, shy person is intimidating though? Confident people are more intimidating I would have thought.

true but shyness can get confused with arrogance so arrogance + attractiveness = intimidating to an extent maybe
Reply 42
Colonel Brusnahan
What about less than average looks?! :eek3:

TELL ME!

Yes. Confidence is extremely attractive.
Reply 43
The thing is though confidence doesn't equal great personality. But people often seem to forget this, especially on first impressions.
Reply 44
Teigan
Yes. Confidence is extremely attractive.

Thank ****!

But just to cover me, what bout kinda uglyish?
Reply 45
No.
Reply 46
helt
The thing is though confidence doesn't equal great personality. But people often seem to forget this, especially on first impressions.

So true^
An old school mate of mine (not ugly but his nickname in school was 'rat' so, ya know) pulls a lot of girls, some pretty hot ones too tbf. Always wondered how he managed it, until asking a few girls why they find him attractive.
Turns out it is his confidence. I wouldn't say his personality is anything special, and he can be a complete d**k to women.

Oh well :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Don't make a mess. :cool:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 48
Looks only go so far. I can't speak for everyone, but what attracts me to a person is their personality more than their appearence, and a confident person stands out a mile.
Good looks tbh. My confidence varies a lot but, because i'm good looking I consistently attract attention.

I do like confidence in a girl, but if I'm not attracted to her nothing will happen.
Reply 50
Nø Smøking
Good looks tbh. My confidence varies a lot but, because i'm good looking I consistently attract attention.
I do like confidence in a girl, but if I'm not attracted to her nothing will happen.

So you mean sometimes you have no confidence and are shy and people are still attracted to you?
Anonymous
So you mean sometimes you have no confidence and are shy and people are still attracted to you?

Yes.
Reply 52
It is true that guy are more attracted to confident girls, as my friend always gets the guys when we go out. I can't help being quiet/shy/unconfident but everytime i go out, i feel down because she's more attractive than me therefore any bit of confidence goes out the window.

I just choose to get drunk, so i can enjoy myself and have a good night. Sod the men, alcohol's the one for me lol!
Reply 53
james_dow
true but shyness can get confused with arrogance so arrogance + attractiveness = intimidating to an extent maybe

People say that shyness can be mistaken for arrogance but I disagree. Don't you think a shy person has completely different body language and a way of talking to someone arrogant?
Reply 54
Girls see the confidence as meaning better job prospects. Really they like money more than looks or confidence. So confidence usually = money. Lets not confuse money with confidence.
Reply 55
james_dow

Ive never heard shyness confused with arrogance before. Please explain.
i think different people have different opinions on this..i am a guy.i think a gril who is shy is very cute.i just guess girl often like the boy who is very confident..
I quite like attractive girls who are shy, the ones that I've come across turn out to be very humble, soft spoken and unaware of their good looks for them to have any confidence in the first place so I like it :yep:
Confidence obviously is a plus though, but not too much then it starts to be borderline arrogance.
Reply 58
I think confidence can make someone seem more attractive but then so can shyness.

If I was single I think a confident guy I would see as more of a pull, whereas a shy guy maybe more relationship material...
Confidence is actually more of a turn off for me, but because every opinion I have is the opposite to what the majority think, yes, confidence can make a person attractive. Just not to me. But nobody really cares about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending