This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Who does everyone think is going to win?

I personally think england, because Jonny Wilkinson is unstoppable at the moment.
England also have the form going into the match.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Who does everyone think is going to win?

I personally think england, because Jonny Wilkinson is unstoppable at the moment.
England also have the form going into the match.

I love the way that people who have no interest in Rugby Union whatsoever are all jumping on the bandwagon.

All of a sudden folks all over the country are talking about the World Cup Final when the vast majority of these people have probably never watched a Rugby game in their lives.

The thing that amazes me is...it's not actually that entertaining!!!

I mean Jonny Wilkinson is a good player but is him kicking 24 points a match really something to get excited about?

Just imagine if we win the world cup with all points coming from his boot! Perhaps a shake up of the points scoring system is needed to place less emphasis on kicking a drop goal / penalty.

Perhaps the Rugby League system of 4 for a try 2 for a converstion / penalty and one for a drop goal is worth considering?

By the way there have been two amazing Rugby League games involving GB and Australia in the last fortnight, it is just a shame that more people don't support it.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh and in response to the original question I am going for the Aussies, but only by 5 - 10 points.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I love the way that people who have no interest in Rugby Union whatsoever are all jumping on the bandwagon.

All of a sudden folks all over the country are talking about the World Cup Final when the vast majority of these people have probably never watched a Rugby game in their lives.

I mean Jonny Wilkinson is a good player but is him kicking 24 points a match really something to get excited about?

Just imagine if we win the world cup with all points coming from his boot! Perhaps a shake up of the points scoring system is needed to place less emphasis on kicking a drop goal / penalty.

Perhaps the Rugby League system of 4 for a try 2 for a converstion / penalty and one for a drop goal is worth considering?

By the way there have been two amazing Rugby League games involving GB and Australia in the last fortnight, it is just a shame that more people don't support it.
Yeah, and although i'm more into rugby than most people who are now supporting england i'm still not really a fan of the sport. Its just that finally, theres a sport that England are (arguably) just about the best in the world at and people like supporting winners.
deanimate
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i cant stand rugby but i think the aussies will win
thats based on NO knowledge whatsoever but hey :]

Im not even watching the match....but somehow this country manages to smeg stuff up at the last hurdle so i think im quite safe in my bet
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)

Union > League.

Accept it. League is boring and hasn't got as much to it as Union. It is a simplified version of Union.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Union > League.

Accept it. League is boring and hasn't got as much to it as Union. It is a simplified version of Union.
i agree.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by deanimate)
i cant stand rugby but i think the aussies will win
thats based on NO knowledge whatsoever but hey :]

Im not even watching the match....but somehow this country manages to smeg stuff up at the last hurdle so i think im quite safe in my bet
You're welsh. You lot 'smeg up' as you say before you even leave the starting block.
J
deanimate
Report 16 years ago
I may live in this place but i do NOT consider my self welsh.....thank you very much
I fully agree. the welsh are crap at everything!
Rugbys our wales main sport isnt it? and we suck at it!
then there's the welsh accent....dont get me started on that
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not really a rugby fan usually... but england gotta win.. we gotta win something one day.

btw jonny wilkinson rox..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads