Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who does everyone think is going to win?

I personally think england, because Jonny Wilkinson is unstoppable at the moment.
    England also have the form going into the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Who does everyone think is going to win?

I personally think england, because Jonny Wilkinson is unstoppable at the moment.
    England also have the form going into the match.

I love the way that people who have no interest in Rugby Union whatsoever are all jumping on the bandwagon.

All of a sudden folks all over the country are talking about the World Cup Final when the vast majority of these people have probably never watched a Rugby game in their lives.

The thing that amazes me is...it's not actually that entertaining!!!

I mean Jonny Wilkinson is a good player but is him kicking 24 points a match really something to get excited about?

Just imagine if we win the world cup with all points coming from his boot! Perhaps a shake up of the points scoring system is needed to place less emphasis on kicking a drop goal / penalty.

Perhaps the Rugby League system of 4 for a try 2 for a converstion / penalty and one for a drop goal is worth considering?

By the way there have been two amazing Rugby League games involving GB and Australia in the last fortnight, it is just a shame that more people don't support it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and in response to the original question I am going for the Aussies, but only by 5 - 10 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    I love the way that people who have no interest in Rugby Union whatsoever are all jumping on the bandwagon.

All of a sudden folks all over the country are talking about the World Cup Final when the vast majority of these people have probably never watched a Rugby game in their lives.

I mean Jonny Wilkinson is a good player but is him kicking 24 points a match really something to get excited about?

Just imagine if we win the world cup with all points coming from his boot! Perhaps a shake up of the points scoring system is needed to place less emphasis on kicking a drop goal / penalty.

Perhaps the Rugby League system of 4 for a try 2 for a converstion / penalty and one for a drop goal is worth considering?

By the way there have been two amazing Rugby League games involving GB and Australia in the last fortnight, it is just a shame that more people don't support it.
    Yeah, and although i'm more into rugby than most people who are now supporting england i'm still not really a fan of the sport. Its just that finally, theres a sport that England are (arguably) just about the best in the world at and people like supporting winners.

ReputationRep:
    i cant stand rugby but i think the aussies will win
    thats based on NO knowledge whatsoever but hey :]

Im not even watching the match....but somehow this country manages to smeg stuff up at the last hurdle so i think im quite safe in my bet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)

Union > League.

Accept it. League is boring and hasn't got as much to it as Union. It is a simplified version of Union.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Union > League.

Accept it. League is boring and hasn't got as much to it as Union. It is a simplified version of Union.
    i agree.

(Original post by deanimate)
    i cant stand rugby but i think the aussies will win
    thats based on NO knowledge whatsoever but hey :]

Im not even watching the match....but somehow this country manages to smeg stuff up at the last hurdle so i think im quite safe in my bet
    You're welsh. You lot 'smeg up' as you say before you even leave the starting block.
    J

ReputationRep:
    I may live in this place but i do NOT consider my self welsh.....thank you very much
    I fully agree. the welsh are crap at everything!
    Rugbys our wales main sport isnt it? and we suck at it!
    then there's the welsh accent....dont get me started on that

ReputationRep:
    not really a rugby fan usually... but england gotta win.. we gotta win something one day.

btw jonny wilkinson rox..

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.