Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got an offer from Hull to study Psychology and I think I'm going to have it as my insurance choice however I am concerned about something i read in the accomodation booklet.

If I get in , I would really like to live in the laws halls but as it says in the booklet quite a lot of the rooms are shared so there is a definate chance I could get placed in a shared room. I'm quite a sociable person so wouldn't normally mind this too much although the problem is u get really bad migranes where I just have to lie in the dark for hours which wouldn't really be practical If i was sharing a room with someone else coming in and out, making noise and they would obviously need the lights on to see what they were doing!!

Does anybody know if you can ask to go in the laws but not have a shared room if you have a medical reason like migranes - does that count? And if you have a reason do they normally give you your own room or would they make you go one of the other halls?
    I really liked the atmopshere at the laws when I went on the open day so would really like to live there.

Is there anybody at hull uni, or who knows anyone there or has asked about this who knows if they would offer me a guarenteed single room or not if i met my offer??

Thanks,

Riz x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Hi,

I've got an offer from Hull to study Psychology and I think I'm going to have it as my insurance choice however I am concerned about something i read in the accomodation booklet.

If I get in , I would really like to live in the laws halls but as it says in the booklet quite a lot of the rooms are shared so there is a definate chance I could get placed in a shared room. I'm quite a sociable person so wouldn't normally mind this too much although the problem is u get really bad migranes where I just have to lie in the dark for hours which wouldn't really be practical If i was sharing a room with someone else coming in and out, making noise and they would obviously need the lights on to see what they were doing!!

Does anybody know if you can ask to go in the laws but not have a shared room if you have a medical reason like migranes - does that count? And if you have a reason do they normally give you your own room or would they make you go one of the other halls?
    I really liked the atmopshere at the laws when I went on the open day so would really like to live there.

Is there anybody at hull uni, or who knows anyone there or has asked about this who knows if they would offer me a guarenteed single room or not if i met my offer??

Thanks,

Riz x
    I am from Hull and presume that you are refering to the LAWNS (unless they have recently renamed it).

You can get a single room in a better standard of accomodation - there are other halls actually on the main University campus I believe. You may have to pay abit more though!

As for the medical issue I don't know.

Perhaps telephoning them and explaining your problem would be a better way of getting a definate answer then posting on a forum?

(Original post by *Riz*)
    Hey,

Yeah i meant the lawns i dunno why i kept typing laws I think I'm going mad and yeah I may well phone/email the university and ask them I just wondered if anyone else on here who is actually there could help me out first........Thanks though ..........
    Hi i'm a 3rd year at hull. I'm sure if u sight that u have a medical reason they will put u in a single room.

Most people get a single, if u really want one. People who dont put a perfrance het the doubles.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Whats it like in halls at Hull?

I really cant be doing with all night music and parties every week as in the course that I am applying for I believe that the first year actually counts towards the final mark.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.