The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Was just about to make a thread about this!

Found it basically a doss - no particularly tough questions, nothing at all on the topics I was worried about (mainly the more tech-y stuff), so I'm chuffed.

Reckon I ought to get an A* with coursework no problems (touch wood!)
Reply 2
What sort of things did people write for the last 2 questions? About testing and implementing and designing,
Reply 3
Probably the easiest test I have ever done in my life, Got 72/80 on the coursework and over half of the lessons were spent playing on mousebreaker etc In the test all I needed was about 103~ for an A* and im sure I got at least 110. Sadly this was again another example of terribly worded questions, see- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/199734/the-ridiculous-gcse-ict-exam-questions-that-beat-pc-pro.html
Reply 4
Sohail92
Probably the easiest test I have ever done in my life, Got 72/80 on the coursework and over half of the lessons were spent playing on mousebreaker etc In the test all I needed was about 103~ for an A* and im sure I got at least 110. Sadly this was again another example of terribly worded questions, see- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/199734/the-ridiculous-gcse-ict-exam-questions-that-beat-pc-pro.html

Indeed. The exam was actually rather amusing - 90 minutes and no-one at my school even opened the paper in the last 30 (we're not allowed to leave early for some silly reason). As with the mock, I found every question pretty much easy, and as with the mock I'll likely end up with marks in the 70s with no revision. I only needed about 40 due to my coursework anyway

Did anyone else notice there didn't seem to be a right answer for question 2, part 4? I put down data redundancy even though it wasn't there in the list because nothing else seemed to fit, though I've since realised I got confused with what I wrote down - versioning would have been correct.
Reply 5
46Bit
Indeed. The exam was actually rather amusing - 90 minutes and no-one at my school even opened the paper in the last 30 (we're not allowed to leave early for some silly reason). As with the mock, I found every question pretty much easy, and as with the mock I'll likely end up with marks in the 70s with no revision. I only needed about 40 due to my coursework anyway

Did anyone else notice there didn't seem to be a right answer for question 2, part 4? I put down data redundancy even though it wasn't there in the list because nothing else seemed to fit, though I've since realised I got confused with what I wrote down - versioning would have been correct.

What was question 2 part 4? Was that the one about why the network might be going slow?

if so I put for the problem -
Network congestion (too many peoeple on the network at once, making it go slower)
and for the solution I put
Invest in faster, newer hardware to make it possible to have more people on the network at once whilst avoiding slowdowns.

oh..wait maybe we are doing a differant exam.. you said it was 90 minutes? Our exam was 2 hours and most peoeple were finished before the hour was up.
Reply 6
Sohail92
What was question 2 part 4? Was that the one about why the network might be going slow?

Network congestion (too many peoeple on the network at once, making it go slower)
Invest in faster, newer hardware to make it possible to have more people on the network at once whilst avoiding slowdowns.

oh..wait maybe we are doing a differant exam.. you said it was 90 minutes? Our exam was 2 hours and most peoeple were finished before the hour was up.

If your exam had a question about networks, I want in! My stupid school says it's committed to computing and then does the most stupidly easy exams in existence.
Reply 7
it was a pisstake, it was soooo easy
Reply 8
Sohail92

Yay, that's what I put about networks also!
*high 5*
Reply 9
I found it really hard,
I just made up the whole of the answers and finished in just over 1 hour :/
Bad sign

Latest