Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what if the bulbs are energy-saving?
    Then leave switch one on for 30 mins!

ReputationRep:
    rofl..... doesnt matter if they are energy saving, the fact that they light up means they will give off heat (its what happens to bulbs).

tommypip, did u work that one out urself?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know david blaine posted this - i'm not in either GOT or the way, so i cant award rep points. What are rep points anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    rofl..... doesnt matter if they are energy saving, the fact that they light up means they will give off heat (its what happens to bulbs).

tommypip, did u work that one out urself?
    led's don't get hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i didnt know david blaine posted this - i'm not in either GOT or the way, so i cant award rep points. What are rep points anyway?
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=18950

ReputationRep:
    Does prisoner's dilemma actually have an answer? I always thought it was open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    led's don't get hot
    which is why they're light bulbs. light bulbs obey classical physics, while leds obey quantum (and also dont produce enough power to generate heat)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Does prisoner's dilemma actually have an answer? I always thought it was open.
    what's the prisoner's dillema?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    which is why they're light bulbs. light bulbs obey classical physics, while leds obey quantum (and also dont produce enough power to generate heat)
    ok, so what if they produced light 'bulbs' made of led's? how would you solve the riddle then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what's the prisoner's dillema?
    I've only ever approached it in Economics, but I think it goes something like this:

You've just been arrested, accused of murder. So has your friend. You're dragged off to separate cells, to be questioned, before you get the chance to talk to each other. The situation is, if you both plead not guilty, then you both get off, no problem. If you both plead guilty, then you both get 10 years. However, if you plead not guilty, and your mate pleads guilty, you get life and he gets 10 years. What do you plead in order to minimise your prison sentence?

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever approached it in Economics, but I think it goes something like this:

You've just been arrested, accused of murder. So has your friend. You're dragged off to separate cells, to be questioned, before you get the chance to talk to each other. The situation is, if you both plead not guilty, then you both get off, no problem. If you both plead guilty, then you both get 10 years. However, if you plead not guilty, and your mate pleads guilty, you get life and he gets 10 years. What do you plead in order to minimise your prison sentence?
    i think you have to apply game theory to that one

ReputationRep:

guilty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

click on the face next to the edit and reply buttons by my post and then follow the easy steps!

ReputationRep:
    Ta very much for the rep peeps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    If it was yesterday and you were talking about tomorrow then that tomorrow would be today....... I think
    Answer is today, well done tommypip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i think you have to apply game theory to that one
    Yes, as you apply game theory to the markets. How does it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Answer is today, well done tommypip

D'oh!! I got it wrong then!! *hides face in shame*

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. You people are having fun with all these riddles. I'm going to have to read the whole thread at some point. Love the one about light bulbs though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.