(Original post by elpaw)
what if the bulbs are energy-saving?
Then leave switch one on for 30 mins!
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
rofl..... doesnt matter if they are energy saving, the fact that they light up means they will give off heat (its what happens to bulbs).

tommypip, did u work that one out urself?
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i didnt know david blaine posted this - i'm not in either GOT or the way, so i cant award rep points. What are rep points anyway?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
rofl..... doesnt matter if they are energy saving, the fact that they light up means they will give off heat (its what happens to bulbs).

tommypip, did u work that one out urself?
led's don't get hot
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
i didnt know david blaine posted this - i'm not in either GOT or the way, so i cant award rep points. What are rep points anyway?
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=18950
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Does prisoner's dilemma actually have an answer? I always thought it was open.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
led's don't get hot
which is why they're light bulbs. light bulbs obey classical physics, while leds obey quantum (and also dont produce enough power to generate heat)
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Does prisoner's dilemma actually have an answer? I always thought it was open.
what's the prisoner's dillema?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
which is why they're light bulbs. light bulbs obey classical physics, while leds obey quantum (and also dont produce enough power to generate heat)
ok, so what if they produced light 'bulbs' made of led's? how would you solve the riddle then?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
what's the prisoner's dillema?
I've only ever approached it in Economics, but I think it goes something like this:

You've just been arrested, accused of murder. So has your friend. You're dragged off to separate cells, to be questioned, before you get the chance to talk to each other. The situation is, if you both plead not guilty, then you both get off, no problem. If you both plead guilty, then you both get 10 years. However, if you plead not guilty, and your mate pleads guilty, you get life and he gets 10 years. What do you plead in order to minimise your prison sentence?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've only ever approached it in Economics, but I think it goes something like this:

You've just been arrested, accused of murder. So has your friend. You're dragged off to separate cells, to be questioned, before you get the chance to talk to each other. The situation is, if you both plead not guilty, then you both get off, no problem. If you both plead guilty, then you both get 10 years. However, if you plead not guilty, and your mate pleads guilty, you get life and he gets 10 years. What do you plead in order to minimise your prison sentence?
i think you have to apply game theory to that one
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

guilty
tommypip
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

click on the face next to the edit and reply buttons by my post and then follow the easy steps!
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ta very much for the rep peeps!
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by tommypip)
If it was yesterday and you were talking about tomorrow then that tomorrow would be today....... I think
Answer is today, well done tommypip
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i think you have to apply game theory to that one
Yes, as you apply game theory to the markets. How does it go?
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
Answer is today, well done tommypip

D'oh!! I got it wrong then!! *hides face in shame*
Sire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Amazing. You people are having fun with all these riddles. I'm going to have to read the whole thread at some point. Love the one about light bulbs though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (206)
51.89%
No (191)
48.11%

Watched Threads