The Student Room Group

I think I totally failed an exam....

Hey,
I had an exam today and I really want an A* but I think my essays were like B standard or something. - English Literature

Do you ever genuinely feel you did really bad, and come out with better, or when you think you have done bad - you actually have done bad?

After my exams, I just keep thinking how bad they all went...

Edit: My coursework is A*, 30%.

And sorry everyone, I didn't mean like a fail, but like I could have done loads better, like they were seemed absolutely rubbish compared to my mock and practice papers I've done before and I've been predicted and targeted at A*. It's just so much pressure from everywhere to get like A*s in everything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh noes, a B you say? it's the end of the world.
Reply 2
i had one on citizenship yr ago..thought it was really crap..was expectin a D bt ended up gettin an A*!.. later found out d grade boundaries were low..haha
Reply 3
Don't worry about it dude! :smile: I thought id actually literally FAILED a biology exam - especially when all the 'brainiacs' came out and started saying what the a'answers' were etc. I cam out with an A* in that module.. 48/50. I always feel real bad after exams just relax, roll a joint if thats how you like it lol. You'll be fine.
you A* it most likely
Ignore them.
It's TSR, its OK to freak out about a B

And if its any consolation, I haven't done any better.
Reply 6
I thought that English Literature was piss easy but ICT today. I mean effing hell, I just hope that my coursework allows me to get an A*...
Forget about it. It's done and dusted and you can't change you're mark now.

Instead, focus on revising for your other subjects. :smile:
OH NO!! a B??

This calls for suicide :yep:
Reagan Smash
OH NO!! a B??

This calls for suicide :yep:

LMFAO at your bottom sig, you got a youtube link to that?

OP forget about it, it's one grade and it's not even a bad grade

EDIT: nvm i found it but here's one for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1U_Cx6FBw&feature=related
a B is not a fail ffs.
Reply 11
A B??
How will you cope??
Reply 12
sango
I thought that English Literature was piss easy but ICT today. I mean effing hell, I just hope that my coursework allows me to get an A*...

OCR short course ICT? That was a joke! It was so bad! The questions aren't practical either - nothing on useful things like health and safety :mad: Had way too much time as well!!
Reply 13
Don't worry; for the last two years you only needed 50/66 in the exam for an A, and this was even lower for the previous years.
Reply 14
Linweth

:rofl:
Reply 15
Try not to worry about it too much. When I done GCSE English Lit/Lang I got B+ in my courseworks, and I was predicted C/C (due to 0% effort in class). After sitting my exams I thought I had done terrible...turns out I got A*'s in my exams, so it may not be as bad as you think. It's done and dusted now, forget about it and move on.
I agree that it's fair enough not to be happy with a B if you could potentially do much better. But at least it's only GCSEs, and tbh they aren't THAT important.
B is hardly a fail. so shut up. :smile: "i don't think i did as well as i wanted to" is a better phrase to use.
Reply 18
I thought I failed an economics exam, but came out with an A
It seems to be the ones I think I fail I do best in
Thought I did okay in a history mock, and ended up with an E :-(
I'm sure on results day, you'll find you've done well :biggrin:
Reply 19
Linweth

What she said^

'B' is a good grade. Although sometimes I go in a test and feel I have dont sh** but end up with a good mark and sometimes I feel confident but dont do so well. Theres nothing you can do about it now, just concentrate on your next exam{s}.

Latest