Turn on thread page Beta

What is the success percentage for economics at cambridge? watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the success percentage for being accepted to do economics at cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guess_who)
    Someday I trust you'll find your purpose in life, but don't be suprised when you're flipping burgers in McDonalds you absolute c**twitch.

ReputationRep:
    what were your GCSE Grades?

ReputationRep:
    last year, they had over 800 applicants and offered about 160 places. i'm not sure of the exact figures. i also applied to cambridge for economics.....which college did u apply to?

ReputationRep:
    with that success % i wont be applying. i am gonna apply to oxford for physics, that has a 47% success percentage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Someday I trust you'll find your purpose in life, but don't be suprised when you're flipping burgers in McDonalds you absolute c**twitch.
    i dont know many mcdonalds workers who got 6 A*'s and 4 A's in their GCSE's....what didi you get?

ReputationRep:
    well then petrozzi, what were your gcse grades?
    i assume you got straight A*'s...and you are now at oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    well then petrozzi, what were your gcse grades?
    i assume you got straight A*'s...and you are now at oxbridge?
    I have no desire to post my GCSE grades and bleet like yourself, but I did rather well, passed all 13 at higher level. No I'm not at oxbridge and no I'm not applying there, I wouldn't be able to cope with the work load unfortunately as I'm rather lazy when it comes to academia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I have no desire to post my GCSE grades and bleet like yourself, but I did rather well, passed all 13 at higher level. No I'm not at oxbridge and no I'm not applying there, I wouldn't be able to cope with the work load unfortunately as I'm rather lazy when it comes to academia.
    exactly. your grades are worse than mine, and unlike me you are not oxbridge material. so shut the hell up then, coz i am cleverer than you , and you are a nobdy. just some scumbag loser who spends his whole life on this website. shut up, i am cleverer than you.

hence, you not daring to post your grades. bit of a hypocrit arent u

ReputationRep:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    exactly. your grades are worse than mine, and unlike me you are not oxbridge material. so shut the hell up then, coz i am cleverer than you , and you are a nobdy. just some scumbag loser who spends his whole life on this website. shut up, i am cleverer than you.

hence, you not daring to post your grades. bit of a hypocrit arent u
    Actually if you are so unfocused on which subject to do (economics or physics?) it's unlikely that you are oxbridge material either. They aren't looking for jack of all trades master of none - they're looking for people enthusiastic and dedicated to their chosen subject who will excel in that area and become money-making post grads.

ReputationRep:
    Place your bets everybody. I have a 200000:1 odds of him getting into Oxbridge.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    ok then. you dont htink i will get into oxbridge? we'll see...
    I didn't say I don't think you will get in.

I said that I don't believe someone who can't decide what subject they want to study for the next three years and who is changing their mind every day or so and applying for what they percieve as the easiest subject to get into is oxbridge material.

If you can explain why a lack of decisiveness and dedication to your subject makes you oxbridge material please enlighten us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Place your bets everybody. I have a 200000:1 odds of him getting into Oxbridge.
    dont you mean NOT getting in? lol

ReputationRep:
    because i have only just started my AS Levels and i am considering several degrees before i dive straight into obsession with one degree, despite it being absolutely ages until i apply.

As i said, i will be applying for physics at oxford. i said this ages ago, and i'll say it again. i was just curious about economics. people are allowed to talk you know, it isnt illegal. I dont need your permission.

and anyway, how on earth can you judge if i wont get in.

whether i get in or not, I AM STILL OXBRIDGE MATERIAL.

IF PEOPLE GET IN WITH LESS THAN 6 A*'s and 4 A's....THEN I HAVE A FAIR CAHNCE OF GETTING IN.

AND I GUARANTEE YOU THAT I WILL BE GIVEN AN OFFER. INFACT, IN OVER A YEAR'S TIME, I WILL COMEBACK IN HERE AND TELL YOU ALL THAT I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE.

AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK, YOU ARE ANOTHER NOBODY AND YOU ARE NOONE TO JUDGE MY CAPABILITY.

I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND MY ATTITUDE IS SPOT ON.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    dont you mean NOT getting in? lol
    true edders. of course, you are able to comment on this subject because of course, you got accepted into oxbridge so obviosuly you know what it takes to get in.

well done on getting into oxbridge, how is your first year going?

and what were your gcse grades, coz you are in oxbridge after all.

ReputationRep:
    You have an msn address maskall? PM it to me please...

ReputationRep:
    I Also Find It Ironic How Reject Boy Edders Can Comment On Anyone Else About Tehir Application To Oxbridge! Explaining To Them Whether They Have A Chance Or Not, What The Hell Does He Know, He Is A Reject Born And Bred.

ReputationRep:
    true edders. of course, you are able to comment on this subject because of course, you got accepted into oxbridge so obviosuly you know what it takes to get in.

well done on getting into oxbridge, how is your first year going?

and what were your gcse grades, coz you are in oxbridge after all.
    hmm i might be there now if id applied for physics (47% success as you say) rather than PPE (25% at my college)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You were curious about economics...strange - because you didn't seem interested in the course content, the assessment types, the department environment or any of the other things people interested in a subject at a specific uni usually ask about

You asked how easy it was to get in.

And when you found out you decided to stick with your original plan - because the success rate is higher.

You'll forgive me if I question your motives because the motives you've displayed solely in this thread are extremely questionable...and are the sole reason why I question whather you are "oxbridge material".

As I said before - and I'll say again until it sinks in - I haven't once questioned your ability to get into oxbridge...plenty of people succeed in getting in over other just as worthy of their place...and you have an entire year to mature into a good potential applicant. I would never presume to make the decision about who "will" or "wont" get into another university...especially one as competetive as oxbridge where so many good applicants get turned away through no fault of their own.

It's good that you are so determined to get in to oxbridge - it takes a lot of determination and hard work...as well as a fair sized chunk of luck. If you do get in congratulations...if you don't I hope you can learn from it.

As for your A level results - they are irrelevent. Oxbridge always has and will for the next few yrs valued interview performance far more highly than GCSE grades and predicted grades.

And you're final comment would be funny if I didn't think you were deadly serious.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.