This discussion is closed.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have been rather stressed as of late,...but there are two films that I can watch that change my mood completely. Neither of them were critically acclaimed or anything. In fact, i am sure that many of you will laugh at them. One of them is 'Reality Bites', with Ethan Hawke. Everytime i watch that film, i get butterflies in my stomach..i imagine being leliana (i am leila btw).....The other film is ' My father the Hero'...i love them both. I think that when they came out, i was around the age that things just stick..these 2 films stuck

Anyhow, i thought it would be nice to have a thread, where we can all just mention our favourite films that lift us up when we are down......
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Being vunerable/depressed is not in my vocabulary! I have stone cold emotions thanks to this unforgiving world!
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
Being vunerable/depressed is not in my vocabulary! I have stone cold emotions thanks to this unforgiving world!
You'll learn to love being a narcissist. It's a great way to live.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I have been rather stressed as of late,...but there are two films that I can watch that change my mood completely. Neither of them were critically acclaimed or anything. In fact, i am sure that many of you will laugh at them. One of them is 'Reality Bites', with Ethan Hawke. Everytime i watch that film, i get butterflies in my stomach..i imagine being leliana (i am leila btw).....The other film is ' My father the Hero'...i love them both. I think that when they came out, i was around the age that things just stick..these 2 films stuck

Anyhow, i thought it would be nice to have a thread, where we can all just mention our favourite films that lift us up when we are down......
OMG I love Reality bites, it's got to be one of the best movies ever.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Ahhhh, the narcissistict Mr.White, you'll learn to love him to.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Agreed, we are one in the same. After all, we are the future.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Those cold, lonely nights must be so romantic.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
We are a revised edition I'll have you know, we converse with people and actually do well at it! We have charm, and lots of it.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
"Hell is other people" after all.
aliel
Rep:
?
OOooo someone likes Reality Bites! I like the U2 song ever so much, it is a great song for one of the last scenes in the movie. The Lisa Loeb song is also good. Whenever i watch the film (sound sad i know) i just fall in love with the character Troy...(* leila goes and hides in the corner *)
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
OOooo someone likes Reality Bites! I like the U2 song ever so much, it is a great song for one of the last scenes in the movie. The Lisa Loeb song is also good. Whenever i watch the film (sound sad i know) i just fall in love with the character Troy...(* leila goes and hides in the corner *)
I like My Sharona, that scene in the mimi-mart reminds me of things my freinds and I would do.
aliel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
I like My Sharona, that scene in the mimi-mart reminds me of things my freinds and I would do.

Its exactly the same with my friends!! I wish they made more movies like that!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Its exactly the same with my friends!! I wish they made more movies like that!
Alot of the older ones from the 80's are like that....The Breakfast Club, St.Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink........
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alot of the older ones from the 80's are like that....The Breakfast Club, St.Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink........
The Breakfast Club is such a great film. I always thought it was rubbish... until I watched it.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Breakfast Club is such a great film. I always thought it was rubbish... until I watched it.
Probably one of the best of it's time.
aliel
Rep:
?
Thanks, i will check your suggestions out...i havent seen St. Elmo's Fire or Sixteen Candles....
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Has anyone seen Fast Times at Richmond High, that's quite entertaining...
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theone)
Has anyone seen Fast Times at Richmond High, that's quite entertaining...
Yeah, that was a pretty good movie too.
FliP
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Agreed, Reality does "bite"
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea reality bites is a great film fell in love with winona ryder in that. Breakfast club was ok too, we are all pressured into being who we are was what I got out of that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (125)
46.99%
Take exams next summer (37)
13.91%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
25.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
9.02%
I'm not applying to university (12)
4.51%

Watched Threads