Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been rather stressed as of late,...but there are two films that I can watch that change my mood completely. Neither of them were critically acclaimed or anything. In fact, i am sure that many of you will laugh at them. One of them is 'Reality Bites', with Ethan Hawke. Everytime i watch that film, i get butterflies in my stomach..i imagine being leliana (i am leila btw).....The other film is ' My father the Hero'...i love them both. I think that when they came out, i was around the age that things just stick..these 2 films stuck

Anyhow, i thought it would be nice to have a thread, where we can all just mention our favourite films that lift us up when we are down......

ReputationRep:
    Being vunerable/depressed is not in my vocabulary! I have stone cold emotions thanks to this unforgiving world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Being vunerable/depressed is not in my vocabulary! I have stone cold emotions thanks to this unforgiving world!
    You'll learn to love being a narcissist. It's a great way to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I have been rather stressed as of late,...but there are two films that I can watch that change my mood completely. Neither of them were critically acclaimed or anything. In fact, i am sure that many of you will laugh at them. One of them is 'Reality Bites', with Ethan Hawke. Everytime i watch that film, i get butterflies in my stomach..i imagine being leliana (i am leila btw).....The other film is ' My father the Hero'...i love them both. I think that when they came out, i was around the age that things just stick..these 2 films stuck

Anyhow, i thought it would be nice to have a thread, where we can all just mention our favourite films that lift us up when we are down......
    OMG I love Reality bites, it's got to be one of the best movies ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Ahhhh, the narcissistict Mr.White, you'll learn to love him to.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, we are one in the same. After all, we are the future.

ReputationRep:
    Those cold, lonely nights must be so romantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    We are a revised edition I'll have you know, we converse with people and actually do well at it! We have charm, and lots of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    "Hell is other people" after all.

ReputationRep:
    OOooo someone likes Reality Bites! I like the U2 song ever so much, it is a great song for one of the last scenes in the movie. The Lisa Loeb song is also good. Whenever i watch the film (sound sad i know) i just fall in love with the character Troy...(* leila goes and hides in the corner *)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    OOooo someone likes Reality Bites! I like the U2 song ever so much, it is a great song for one of the last scenes in the movie. The Lisa Loeb song is also good. Whenever i watch the film (sound sad i know) i just fall in love with the character Troy...(* leila goes and hides in the corner *)
    I like My Sharona, that scene in the mimi-mart reminds me of things my freinds and I would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I like My Sharona, that scene in the mimi-mart reminds me of things my freinds and I would do.

Its exactly the same with my friends!! I wish they made more movies like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Its exactly the same with my friends!! I wish they made more movies like that!
    Alot of the older ones from the 80's are like that....The Breakfast Club, St.Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink........

ReputationRep:
    Alot of the older ones from the 80's are like that....The Breakfast Club, St.Elmo's Fire, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink........
    The Breakfast Club is such a great film. I always thought it was rubbish... until I watched it.

ReputationRep:
    The Breakfast Club is such a great film. I always thought it was rubbish... until I watched it.
    Probably one of the best of it's time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i will check your suggestions out...i havent seen St. Elmo's Fire or Sixteen Candles....

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen Fast Times at Richmond High, that's quite entertaining...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Has anyone seen Fast Times at Richmond High, that's quite entertaining...
    Yeah, that was a pretty good movie too.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, Reality does "bite"

ReputationRep:
    yea reality bites is a great film fell in love with winona ryder in that. Breakfast club was ok too, we are all pressured into being who we are was what I got out of that.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.