Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Infomation provided for Tchaikovsky is totally wrong!

He studied law in St Petersburg and took music classes at the St Petersburg Conservatory. There his teachers included the Russian composer and pianist Anton Rubinstein, from whom Tchaikovsky subsequently took advanced instruction in orchestration.
    Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is wrong! Tchaikovsky was advided by a family friend (a top composer at the time) NOT to go the Conservatory and to have private tution instead!

I'm currently doing a music essay on Tchavikovsky (worth 40% of my final grade) and the infomation I have taken from 5 books and 3 essays written 2 years ago by past students (all got As) contridics (arr! spelling) what Encarta says!

Do anyone know of other mistakes Encarta have made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    The Infomation provided for Tchaikovsky is totally wrong!

He studied law in St Petersburg and took music classes at the St Petersburg Conservatory. There his teachers included the Russian composer and pianist Anton Rubinstein, from whom Tchaikovsky subsequently took advanced instruction in orchestration.
    Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is wrong! Tchaikovsky was advided by a family friend (a top composer at the time) NOT to go the Conservatory and to have private tution instead!

I'm currently doing a music essay on Tchavikovsky (worth 40% of my final grade) and the infomation I have taken from 5 books and 3 essays written 2 years ago by past students (all got As) contridics (arr! spelling) what Encarta says!

Do anyone know of other mistakes Encarta have made?
    The text is hard to read w/out highlighting, another color perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    You sure do ***** a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'll not grace this thread with a helpful reply because you've just decimated my retinas.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Umm - that bit you copied and pasted - means it's illegal to copy and paste what you've copied and pasted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You sure do ***** a lot.
    Who? Me or musical gal or both??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Who? Me or musical gal or both??
    Neither. I was actually talking to myself.

ReputationRep:
    Neither. I was actually talking to myself.
    That makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Umm - that bit you copied and pasted - means it's illegal to copy and paste what you've copied and pasted.
    Acutally, that appers automatly when you paste! I didn't copy that bit, it appered on its own accord!

ReputationRep:
    Encarta - just don't bother.

Use Britannica.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Encarta - just don't bother.

Use Britannica.
    motion seconded.
    Rule Britannia!

ReputationRep:
    Acutally, that appers automatly when you paste! I didn't copy that bit, it appered on its own accord!
    It's because it's copyrighted info.

ReputationRep:
    Arrr! S*it! Forget this thread I don't know what I talking about! Crap! I need a brain transplant (anyone rich - and no Not Bill Gates because he is stupid!)

ReputationRep:
    Arrr! S*it! Forget this thread I don't know what I talking about! Crap! I need a brain transplant (anyone rich - and no Not Bill Gates because he is stupid!)
    Bill Gates is far from stupid you crazy cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Bill Gates is far from stupid you crazy cat.
    No, but his creations can be aggravating at the best of times.

ReputationRep:
    No, but his creations can be aggravating at the best of times.
    Thank You!

I reasiled I got Stravinsky and Tchaikovsky mixed up I have to write an essay each on them!

ReputationRep:
    Thank You!

I reasiled I got Stravinsky and Tchaikovsky mixed up I have to write an essay each on them!
    So Encarta isn't so stupid after all?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    So Encarta isn't so stupid after all?!
    Nope - its just me!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.