Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I recently recieved a date for an interview to study medicine at my first choice university. In fact, the interview is ever near and on the 3rd of Decmber. Could anyone give me any tips at all about anything to help me to achieve a long awaited dream. Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    sorry i dont know any tips, but all i can do is wish u good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serj)
    Hey everyone,

I recently recieved a date for an interview to study medicine at my first choice university. In fact, the interview is ever near and on the 3rd of Decmber. Could anyone give me any tips at all about anything to help me to achieve a long awaited dream. Thankyou
    My tip would be to find the medical students society website at Imperial, and then email some of the people on the committee or other members and ask them about interviews, the course, offers etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serj)
    Hey everyone,

aww good luck!!!! wen did u send off ur application form. i applied to imperial for medicine too-havent gotta reply yet

n e way u shld read up on medical articles n issues cos my friend got interviewd by imperial last year n they expect u 2 no bout stuff like that...

what subjects u doin n what grades did u get at AS?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Serj)
    Hey everyone,

Read all you can find about the structure of the course..prospectus, booklets and http://www.qaa.ac.uk/revreps/subj_level/q199_00.pdf (the QAA report into the strengths and weaknesses of the medicine school at imperial). Do the same for all the uni's you've applied to and spot the differences and determine if you think those differences would suit your personality and learning style.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://wwwfom.sk.med.ic.ac.uk/medici...interview.html

Oh and when it comes to tips to answering those evil "describe a situation when..." questions. Best advice I've heard is to simply write down 10-20 situations where you think you did well - then split them out into the ones which show team-working, individual-thought, problem-solving, diplomacy etc etc. That way you have a store of possibles which can cover more than one situation/question each depending on which slant you give them in your description.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.