This discussion is closed.
Serj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hey everyone,

I recently recieved a date for an interview to study medicine at my first choice university. In fact, the interview is ever near and on the 3rd of Decmber. Could anyone give me any tips at all about anything to help me to achieve a long awaited dream. Thankyou
lovely
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
sorry i dont know any tips, but all i can do is wish u good luck!
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Serj)
Hey everyone,

I recently recieved a date for an interview to study medicine at my first choice university. In fact, the interview is ever near and on the 3rd of Decmber. Could anyone give me any tips at all about anything to help me to achieve a long awaited dream. Thankyou
My tip would be to find the medical students society website at Imperial, and then email some of the people on the committee or other members and ask them about interviews, the course, offers etc...
FunkyTeenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Serj)
Hey everyone,

aww good luck!!!! wen did u send off ur application form. i applied to imperial for medicine too-havent gotta reply yet

n e way u shld read up on medical articles n issues cos my friend got interviewd by imperial last year n they expect u 2 no bout stuff like that...

what subjects u doin n what grades did u get at AS?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Serj)
Hey everyone,

Read all you can find about the structure of the course..prospectus, booklets and http://www.qaa.ac.uk/revreps/subj_level/q199_00.pdf (the QAA report into the strengths and weaknesses of the medicine school at imperial). Do the same for all the uni's you've applied to and spot the differences and determine if you think those differences would suit your personality and learning style.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
http://wwwfom.sk.med.ic.ac.uk/medici...interview.html

Oh and when it comes to tips to answering those evil "describe a situation when..." questions. Best advice I've heard is to simply write down 10-20 situations where you think you did well - then split them out into the ones which show team-working, individual-thought, problem-solving, diplomacy etc etc. That way you have a store of possibles which can cover more than one situation/question each depending on which slant you give them in your description.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (38)
13.92%
Virtual campus tours/open days (61)
22.34%
Live streaming events (25)
9.16%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
9.89%
A uni comparison tool (63)
23.08%
An in-person event when available (59)
21.61%