Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else think they were a bit redundant with the fact the police force cost the government 5 million squids and then there were all those people chalking on the floor which is gonna cost thousands to clean, not to mention all the rubbish that they've left which I find rather ironic that some people were protesting for the environment...though it did make me laugh that Sky News didn't seem to notice the guy with the sign saying: BUSH IS A C**T and kept it on for about 30 seconds at about 4 o'clock.
    I was quite annoyed actually as my Sociology teacher is a raving Marxist and I mean I didn't go into college today as I knew nobody would turn up but the flamin' teacher skived off work to go and campaign about education which is even more ironic that he skived lessons to go and do this.

What does everybody else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Does anybody else think they were a bit redundant with the fact the police force cost the government 5 million squids and then there were all those people chalking on the floor which is gonna cost thousands to clean, not to mention all the rubbish that they've left which I find rather ironic that some people were protesting for the environment...though it did make me laugh that Sky News didn't seem to notice the guy with the sign saying: BUSH IS A C**T and kept it on for about 30 seconds at about 4 o'clock.
    I was quite annoyed actually as my Sociology teacher is a raving Marxist and I mean I didn't go into college today as I knew nobody would turn up but the flamin' teacher skived off work to go and campaign about education which is even more ironic that he skived lessons to go and do this.

I think it's absolutely mad and rediculous! They are such idiots! Did you watch the thrill they got from pulling a Bush statue down? - it's very sad!
    Al quieda must be laughing at us. Al quieda hate Britain therefore they blew up a british bank, so why are the english protesting against bush?
    I can't understand some people and furthermore they think that it is in Bush's mind about Al quieda, what rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    All that money that was spent keeping protesters away from Bush and we could have used it to build new hospitals train thousands of asylum seekers to be nurses etc and other things that we are in demand of, helped bring back student grants, improved housing in poverty stricken areas.
    The thing that p'ed me off the most was all the school kids they kept interviewing who said they were only there to get a day off school!!!
    It's absolutley ridiculous, and to topple an effigy of George W Bush ermm the Saddam Hussein wasn't that a celebration of liberation and part of the reason was to rid them of a tyriannical government so the Iraqi people as well could do things such as stage protests...and the amount of times I've seen the word Iraqi spelt Iraqui today good lord

ReputationRep:
    Plus there's not going to be many policemen on the streets of London if they're all at the protest... sooooo stupid!

ReputationRep:
    I can almost gurantee that there will be some violence later, I was watching the American news channels and they were basically taking the p*ss outta the british protesters saying wow look at the impact making can u see george bush watching them, wait no thats just a big papier mache statue.....

it made me think about how much we've regressed to see people pulling down statues of people. Like the puritans smashing up catholic churches and the sixities....... I pretty much doubt more than 3% of the people that were there actually understood it. And that american woman took her 4 week baby to march with her...the madness of it all.
    They say we don't live in a democracy and that we are ruled over by dictators but compare the amount of people there to the amount of people that live in the Uk and they are merely a very small percentage, even the Gruniad's opinion polls they did about the war said that something like 68% agreed the war was necessary...
    argh gets me all irate

ReputationRep:
    i think people were justified in going out today. its ok if you sit around talking about it and stating an opinion but to go out and protest is that extra level, a commitment to your cause. i'm thankful that people didnt just sit there and accept it.

i also hope that the £5million emphasises to the government that something is indeed wrong here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    i think people were justified in going out today. its ok if you sit around talking about it and stating an opinion but to go out and protest is that extra level, a commitment to your cause. i'm thankful that people didnt just sit there and accept it.

i also hope that the £5million emphasises to the government that something is indeed wrong here
    Well it would be better if they did sit down and talk about it because they are causing chaos! It's crazy, I honestly can't believe how mad people can be! I really don't know how to say it but it's like the english people are against england by protesting!!!!

The world today...terrible... and there's nothing we can do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like George W Bush, but I pride myself on being british and being part of a country that has brilliant diplomats and you just don't treat guests like that! Sure he's pretty evil or stupid..it's a fine line however, i feel the war was justified. And the people that ask me that say to me how are you to justify it well i can, my dad used to be the head of airline, airport and air cargo security for Britain and the commonwealth, he used to be in charge of preventing terrorists from hijacking planes after Lockerbie, and he is considered a world expert in terrorism interviewed by NBC and everything. He's told me the facts that he can and all I can say is that it was justified and for the governments to go to war they knew something we don't and we should trust their judgement.

edit: I still find all of this a rather laughable matter because my dad is a dead spit for Saddam Hussein!

ReputationRep:
    I think the war was justified too, he did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I think the war was justified too, he did the right thing.
    And we got a shedload of oil out of it, as well, which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    yee-hah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    yee-hah!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)

Yes I think it is all full contradiction. If the protesters were that bothered about the well being of the Iraqi people then why weren't they out protesting during Saddams reign of terror? I think it is just a case of people jumping on the bandwagon and protesting for a bit of fun to cause trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean petrol prices will go down?

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean petrol prices will go down?
    Well, I'd imagine so. Having more of something does generally make it cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd imagine so. Having more of something does generally make it cheaper.
    It does, but I havn't noticed any decrease in the prices...

ReputationRep:
    It does, but I havn't noticed any decrease in the prices...
    By decrease, I only mean by about 0.02 pence.

ReputationRep:
    That's extreme right for you, everything boils down to money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    That's extreme right for you, everything boils down to money.
    In the end, everything comes down to the money.

ReputationRep:
    By decrease, I only mean by about 0.02 pence.
    That should certainly make a difference to our everyday lives.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.