The Student Room Group
Aww poor you. Hope it gets better. You can have gall stones removed can't you? Not a good time though. *hugs* x
Reply 2
Gak. Poor you. Hope you get better soon! :smile:
Reply 3
Oh, we just learnt about gallstones. It's can be caused by a few things, and they try and overcome the stones by reducing the factors. I really hope you feel better, because other treatment involves ionising radiation to break down the stones (but there's a chance they can return) or removing the gall bladder.
Hope you get better soon.
Reply 4
I made a doctors appointment for this morning.

My mum totally had a go at me. Said they cant do nothing about it and it is a waste of time going.

I cant win!
Reply 5
apperently the really good self-test if you think it's gallstones (according to a dr i used to work with) is go and have a fish + chip supper. if this makes the paina lot worse, there's quite a chance it is and it's def worth investigating

lou xxx
Reply 6
The doc said it could be three possible problems.

Gallstones

hiatus hernia

or muscule tension

He said to take painkillers and if it doesnt go away then i need to go back and then he will think about have scans etc
Reply 7
My mum has had gallstones for the last 6 months and it has started to affect her lower back now and is always in a lot of pain. Unfortunately your mums right in a way, a lot of the time they can't just remove them. If they're still very small, you can take some antibiotic things which basically dissolve them and they erm come out the other end. Or if they're slightly too big for that they can remove them but with risk of return. Unfortunately, the drs wrongly diagnosed my mum and now the gallstones have got so big that they can't be removed and they would have to remove her entire gall bladder, which they say they won't do at the moment cos its not worth the long term troubles... I hope they've caught yours in time but it sounds like they have, so definitely ask your dr about the options.

Latest

Trending

Trending