Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...941876,00.html

furthermore (as i'm sure some of you know) the USA has not signed the UN convention for the rights of a child allowing the execution of minors

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/juvexec.html

what are your views on this? personally i'm disgusted that a country that prides itself on promoting and fighting for freedom and justice around the world can consider lowering itself to the execution and imprisonment of minors in such a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...941876,00.html

furthermore (as i'm sure some of you know) the USA has not signed the UN convention for the rights of a child allowing the execution of minors

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/juvexec.html

what are your views on this? personally i'm disgusted that a country that prides itself on promoting and fighting for freedom and justice around the world can consider lowering itself to the execution and imprisonment of minors in such a way.

i agree... that is quite disgusting. something Bush looked over i daresay

ReputationRep:
    Life is full of tragedies. This one is quite minor in comparison to some of the larger ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Life is full of tragedies. This one is quite minor in comparison to some of the larger ones.
    true, but it is one which is quite easily ractified compared to some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    true, but it is one which is quite easily ractified compared to some
    I suppose. But have you considered that the actual situation may be different to that which the media have spoon-fed you?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose. But have you considered that the actual situation may be different to that which the media have spoon-fed you?
    yes i have, but im not in a position to get my information from anywhere else am i?

my bottom line is that no one should be executed for crimes, let alone children. futhermore the most powerful country on this planet should show more regard to peoples basic human rights if it wants any credibilty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    my bottom line is that no one should be executed for crimes, let alone children. futhermore the most powerful country on this planet should show more regard to peoples basic human rights if it wants any credibilty
    Human rights? Most humans are idiots - they don't deserve rights.

ReputationRep:
    lol nice....we all need a common ground in which we respect one another. the only thing we all hold in common is humanity, it should be respected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    lol nice....we all need a common ground in which we respect one another. the only thing we all hold in common is humanity, it should be respected
    I don't think that everyone holds humanity in common. I know I don't, at least.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that everyone holds humanity in common. I know I don't, at least.
    a question: do you think USA are justified in holding people at camp xray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    a question: do you think USA are justified in holding people at camp xray?
    They're POWs, they belong in a camp. As if they'd treat one of our troops as nice as this, anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I'm never sure when you post comments like this whether you're serious.
    If you are then I despair if you ever get into medicine!

ReputationRep:
    They're POWs, they belong in a camp. As if they'd treat one of our troops as nice as this, anyway...
    and you think that minors can be held as POWS? (as a general rule)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    and you think that minors can be held as POWS? (as a general rule)
    Yes - just because they're under 16 doesn't mean that they'd be any less dangerous with a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - just because they're under 16 doesn't mean that they'd be any less dangerous with a bomb.
    What if they were 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    What if they were 4?
    Don't be silly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly.
    if you think it is ok for children to be held as POWs you must be able to accept all situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    if you think it is ok for children to be held as POWs you must be able to accept all situations
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.
    you seem to have a pretentious morality. i think you will find very few people hold the same views

ReputationRep:
    Don't be silly.
    Why silly? It was you who mentioned children under 16.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.