The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MattG
you seem to have a pretentious morality. i think you will find very few people hold the same views

Just me and my fellow tories.
Reply 21
you have to have a standard in which you abide to. civilised nations such as america cannot lower themselves to the level of uncivilised people such as terrorists and those who employ children as soldiers
<offtopic>

Mr White

Have you looked into the philosophy behind the church of satan?

Their ideals and thinking seems to match pretty well with what I've seen of you're own opinions.

(personally I think they're a bunch of daft muppets who like to shock people by calling themselves satanists but I've known a number of people who've found finding people of a similar disposition to talk to online and IRL enjoyable)

:smile:
</offtopic>
Reply 23
Pencil Queen

Mr White

Have you looked into the philosophy behind the church of satan?

Pass.
Mr White
Pass.

Don't mean to offend - but their rule: Do unto others as they would do unto you seems to sum up your arguement on this thread.
:shrug:
Reply 25
I'm a catholic, anyway.
Mr White
I'm a catholic, anyway.

Sorry - as I said I didn't mean to offend...and despite their name the ideology is based around athiesm not devil worship...and I find most of what they describe to be sane and logical - although I find the cult as a whole to be far too obsessed with revenge and elitism for my personal tastes.

The list of sins describes more about them than anything else on their site though:
1. Stupidity
2. Pretentiousness
3. Solipsism
4. Self-deceit
5. Herd Conformity
6. Lack of Perspective
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
8. Counterproductive Pride (their big on productive pride :wink: )
9. Lack of Aesthetics
Reply 27
MattG
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,941876,00.html

furthermore (as i'm sure some of you know) the USA has not signed the UN convention for the rights of a child allowing the execution of minors

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/juvexec.html

what are your views on this? personally i'm disgusted that a country that prides itself on promoting and fighting for freedom and justice around the world can consider lowering itself to the execution and imprisonment of minors in such a way.

pedos should be executed if they do it after they've done time for it then they should have learned what they do is dissusting and will distroy the victims quality of life so yeah you just carry on sayin ohh thats discusting. are you a victim?are you saying its right what they do.
Reply 28
MattG
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,941876,00.html

furthermore (as i'm sure some of you know) the USA has not signed the UN convention for the rights of a child allowing the execution of minors

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/juvexec.html

what are your views on this? personally i'm disgusted that a country that prides itself on promoting and fighting for freedom and justice around the world can consider lowering itself to the execution and imprisonment of minors in such a way.

dont fuck with the coalition.
Reply 29
vienna95

LOL
Reply 30
TIGTIG
pedos should be executed if they do it after they've done time for it then they should have learned what they do is dissusting and will distroy the victims quality of life so yeah you just carry on sayin ohh thats discusting. are you a victim?are you saying its right what they do.

punishment should be about reform and rehabilitation. Just executing people and holding them in camps which use torture (or light torture or whatever) is a medieval attempt to deal out justice

Regardless of what people do they are still human, yes i am coming from a point of view in which i have no experience of the atroicities that these people commit but justice should still respect human life. in the case of executing terrorists countrys shouldnt stoop to the level of terrorists
Reply 31
vienna95

excuse me?
Reply 32
bump
MattG
punishment should be about reform and rehabilitation. Just executing people and holding them in camps which use torture (or light torture or whatever) is a medieval attempt to deal out justice

Regardless of what people do they are still human, yes i am coming from a point of view in which i have no experience of the atroicities that these people commit but justice should still respect human life. in the case of executing terrorists countrys shouldnt stoop to the level of terrorists

reform and rehabilitation are't they just euphamisms for low life sociopaths who feed on goverment money for their cushy prison life.
When does a Religous fundemantalist become a terrorist Matt, would you advocate the assisnation of President Bush for his tyranical,meglomaiac crimes if you had that authority,or would you appease him.
kind regards.

Latest

Trending

Trending