This discussion is closed.
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
The British emabassy was attacked and the HSBC building, they say its AL-Queda- discuss
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hotnanoo)
The British emabassy was attacked and the HSBC building, they say its AL-Queda- discuss
Evidence??? :confused:
wizard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
They say it's a terorrist group linked to Al qaeda. (Al qaeda funds it)
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saf!)
Obviously there is speculation at the moment but one view is that it is retalliation for standing along side the americans during the Iraq war
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by wizard)
They say it's a terorrist group linked to Al qaeda. (Al qaeda funds it)
THe Turkish say its linked to the synagogue blasts which they also say was linked to al qaeda
wizard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
If you are aware of the situation in Turkey you can realise that it could be a Turkish group (that is funded by Al qaeda as I said before) that wants to lower the power of the turkish government which was asked to send military forces to Iraq. It acts as a threat to the government.
Blamps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My opinion on the attack: savage, unnecessary and irrational...now who is going to argue with me?
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
If you are aware of the situation in Turkey you can realise that it could be a Turkish group (that is funded by Al qaeda as I said before) that wants to lower the power of the turkish government which was asked to send military forces to Iraq. It acts as a threat to the government.
sorry i wasn't rebutting what you said merely saying that the two acts might have been carried out by the same group, the problem is where does this leave turkey ?
wizard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
sorry i wasn't rebutting what you said merely saying that the two acts might have been carried out by the same group, the problem is where does this leave turkey ?
Yea that s the most important question.. It causes many problems both in the short (tourism etc) and long run. (EU membership)
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
Yea that s the most important question.. It causes many problems both in the short (tourism etc) and long run. (EU membership)
Well obviously now they have had quick terrorism they are likely to back Bush on many ore issues and it feels that the east is more of a hotspot than ever. Even wrose is the image of terorism creeping into Europe.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Is this the safer world promised by Bush/Blair post Iraq?
The maelstrom has only just begun - "we ain't seen nothing yet".
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
Rubbish
The attacks were exactly what was predicted. No group was ever going to go after Bush, i always thought there would be an attack in Lonsdon so that Blair and Bush got the message 'you've not got us beat yet' as opposed to being killed (in which case i wouldnt be surprised if the publics rose up in support of them!).
Instead the attacks were in Turkey on British targets. Several groups are claiming responsibility, which one it was will take time, though remember that if its a muslim group with a hate of the west it doesnt need any links to Al Queda..

And as for the synagogue attacks. Well these suicidal pricks manage to kill a damn sight more innocent muslims than Jews. I cant see how they will get heaven and a bevvie of virgins as reward for that
J
Bhaa!85
Report 17 years ago
everything seems to point to al-quaeda nowadays, i blame bush.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaa!85)
everything seems to point to al-quaeda nowadays, i blame bush.
i do in a way, i would have sent the US into Pakistan first.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
there was an explosion, countless dead and lots of wreckage.
wizard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Rubbish
The attacks were exactly what was predicted. No group was ever going to go after Bush, i always thought there would be an attack in Lonsdon so that Blair and Bush got the message 'you've not got us beat yet' as opposed to being killed (in which case i wouldnt be surprised if the publics rose up in support of them!).
Instead the attacks were in Turkey on British targets. Several groups are claiming responsibility, which one it was will take time, though remember that if its a muslim group with a hate of the west it doesnt need any links to Al ****ing Queda..
It s obvious that Turkey is an easier target than England.
:rolleyes:
FunkyTeenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well them terrorist ppl r pretty disturbed n off the rails so i dbt u can call em muslims, just like u cldnt really call the IRA christians.

i just hope teh situation doesnt get worse cos i paid for a school trip to turkey in march, and i spoke to my teacher today n she sed if i withdrew i wldnt get my money back
[email protected]
Report 17 years ago
THe Turkish say its linked to the synagogue blasts which they also say was linked to al qaeda
everything is blamed on al qaeda
but they can neva prove it
wot r they goin on bout den????
its easy 2 blame them then no 1 questions.....dats why they get blame
i don't support them but i think its important we know da truth
rather than speculating!!!
pkonline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe this is the start of a campaign against British people due to our government's stance on Iraq?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
It s obvious that Turkey is an easier target than England.
:rolleyes:
Its not just that though is it. Turkey let the US use its airspace in the war. It also wants to 'join the coalition' - mainly to seize the kurdish oilfields. Bombing british interests in turkey (has alot of british tourism) nails both in one go.
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
10.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (6)
16.22%
Live streaming events (2)
5.41%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (3)
8.11%
A uni comparison tool (11)
29.73%
An in-person event when available (11)
29.73%