This discussion is closed.
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
Correction, the main objective of the european union is to prevent turkey from entry until they give up cyprus, hence the greek veto. This is the reason why they accepted the 'Republic of Cyprus' (so called doesnt represent a single turkish person) into the EU next march.

They want Turkey to pull out its troops so Greece can carry out its dream of Enosis from 1963 into full throttle!
Yours is a different interpretation and not without its merits. albeit maybe parochial.
My opinion is not based on any vested interest as I'm neither Turkish nor Greek.
Godmaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Yours is a different interpretation and not without its merits. albeit maybe parochial.
My opinion is not based on any vested interest as I'm neither Turkish nor Greek.
lo, yea i was a bit nationalistic there wasnt i?

to b honest its more the fact that the WORLD have favoured the Greek Cyprus for years since their declaration of the so called 'Turkish invasion' in 1974, when they clearly forgot about the Akritas plan that aimed to annex Cyprus to Greece throught the bitter massacring of the Turkish cypriots. Oh well, personally I think Turkey should stuff the EU.

2ndly
Germany, brill economy v high population, see Turks as a rival in terms of population hence would oppose Turkish Eu membership.

human rights - Turk-Kurd issue here, EU claims Turkey needs to reform its constitution to embrace the kurdish community within its nation (ill remind u that the Kurdish under the PKK organisation has been battling for the South eastern area of turkey under a new name 'Kurdistan' (if uve ever played 007 James Bond on the gameboy, they call this region Kurdistan when it really isnt cos its in Turkish borders.

ill continue wen others comment
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
8.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (9)
20%
Live streaming events (4)
8.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (5)
11.11%
A uni comparison tool (11)
24.44%
An in-person event when available (12)
26.67%