The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
ShieldsG
nice predictions eh!? haha... every seen like 100 students practically bow down to a teacher for thier greatness (:
only thing is i wish we could have had more time!!! i had to miss a full industry section in the first paper, and in the second a 10 mark question and half of another... RRR. hope it doesn't reflect badly (:

I had this problem as well. Missed 18 marker on Paper 1, a 6 marker on Paper 2 and only had a half answer for the Primary Health Care question. I think the break in between papers could be a bit longer, my thumb was aching after 30 minutes on Paper 2.
Reply 201
Henry JW
I had this problem as well. Missed 18 marker on Paper 1, a 6 marker on Paper 2 and only had a half answer for the Primary Health Care question. I think the break in between papers could be a bit longer, my thumb was aching after 30 minutes on Paper 2.

An extra 10 minutes in paper 2 would be really helpful. Paper 1 wasn't quite so bad for timing.
it seems weird to me that both papers are worth 100 marks but have different time lengths :-/
Reply 203
wow yeah... never paid any attention to that actually... wonder what the logic is behind it...?
Reply 204
I guess there is the argument that you more or less know what's going to come up in Paper 2 (at least for RLR and Dev/Health). For example, malaria and development in ELDC's for Dev/Health and drawing features of an upland area, conflicts and solutions, opportunities for RLR. Maybe this is silly but having questions that I knew would come up meant I had to think less.
i suppose the only actual thing that you dont know is the kind of area that will come up (glaciated/limestone/coast) and wether the development questions is between ELDC's or withn a country.
I was very satisfied with the paper. For once i completed the paper. I gambled on dunes not coming up as compulsary as it came up last year and thankfully it paid off because i don't have the first clue about them. I put alot of revision in my sol profiles (podzols and brownearth) and was so glad when it came up. The atmosphere questions were good and similar to other years, just wanting an overall reasoning for global heat distribution. First focusing on distribution of heat through currents and them moving on to discus energy transfer thought global winds - basically describing how the three cell model works and then explaining how that influences global heat distribution. I wasn't 2 happy with my urban answers - i was running out of time so i kept my answers really brief and generic. What a gift the development and health question was!!
Overall I thought the paper was fair and feel i answered questions well enough to get an A. Just glad i never had last years paper with all that dune and plant succession stuff :biggrin:
I struggled on the new industry question...

Should've passed, or got a B.
Reply 208
Geography exam was pretty good for me :smile:

I was sooo glad the atmosphere question was in the options bit!
I managed to finish all of paper 1 and paper 2 so i was happy.
Pretty sure i got at least an A :biggrin:
One of my Geography teachers told me before the hols that she was marking the papers for this year and two people had 100% so far.

Just, FYI. :colone:
ArcadiaHouse
One of my Geography teachers told me before the hols that she was marking the papers for this year and two people had 100% so far.

Just, FYI. :colone:

yas go me!
Reply 211
This is the only exam that i am actually pretty confident with.
The perfect questions came up, the ones that i had revised the most :smile:
And i was just relieved that atmosphere was a choice question! haha, i never understood any of that!
Reply 212
akj08
Yep you might have to describe the pattern of ocean currents in the Atlantic/Pacific and yeah unfortunately you might have to write about as much as the model answer suggests. Sorry:frown:
It's hard to tell what will come up but it won't be a simple question about global warming cos that was last year, so it might be ocean circulation /atmospheric cells - learn these if you can.
The hydrological cycle will almost certainly NOT be there because it was last year. Will probably be river features.

Dorset/ Cairngorms - I guess you're talking about RLR. It could be either and is more often upland areas (cairngorms) and a glaciation question is very likely. However glaciation could be in paper 1 and then it could be a coastal area. Learn both, you really can't tell.

The only very likely things to come up are;
River features
Glaciation (either paper)
Soils not sand dunes

ajka if u dont mind me asking what did u get in ur standard grade and highers as im also intrested in medicine
Reply 213
Eeee. (:

Latest

Trending

Trending