The Student Room Group
Reply 1
wigman15
Hi,

Do you have to do Maths in order to study Medicine at Cambridge, Imperial, Kings and UCL??

no just Chemistry is essential but, to stand a good chance, you would need Biology and another science really
Reply 2
I'm doing Bio, Chem, Fre and Spa. Would I stand a good chance??
Reply 3
Yes, except for at Cambridge, who would require a third science subject (i.e. Maths or Physics). I'm not 100% sure on the others. Didn't you (or someone else) ask this yesterday?
Reply 4
wigman15

Yes, I am sure you would given that all those subjects are academic and having a multi-ligual ability is an asset...however, the best place to be reassured is to consult the website for those unis
Reply 5
Nope..I asked about how to stand out.

So, I won't be able to enter for Cambridge then?
Reply 6
wigman15

If you drop a Language next year, could you not pick up Physics or something?
Reply 7
wigman15
Nope..I asked about how to stand out.

So, I won't be able to enter for Cambridge then?

Oxford is more leanient I think...it is almost impossible to stand out nowadays!
Reply 8
Blamps
Oxford is more leanient I think...it is almost impossible to stand out nowadays!

http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/enreq.shtml#tab go there if you are interested in the entrance requirements for Oxford
Reply 9
I know!!

However, the reason why I did not continue with Maths and Physics was because I really do not like them (but I did achieve good results for them). So, I will wait and see.
Reply 10
Thanks for your help Blamps!!
Reply 11
wigman15
Thanks for your help Blamps!!

Does your school offer material's science A level (although I am not sure whether this is an accepted subject)
Reply 12
What's that??
Reply 13
wigman15
What's that??

Erm...a science investigating the properties of materials, practical uses...sounds interesting...it is offered as a degree at Oxford I know that so it must have some credibilty..however, it is a brand new A level I think

Latest