Economics without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Economics without a doubt
    pourquoi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    pourquoi?
    interesting, relatively light workload, relevant, logical, quite easy to me...a rounded subject with written, logical, theoretical, diagramatical, analytical skills

ReputationRep:
    interesting, relatively light workload, relevant, logical, quite easy to me...a rounded subject with written, logical, theoretical, diagramatical, analytical skills
    probably more respected as well

ReputationRep:
    pourquoi?
    Both are very fascinating. I assume you haven't done wither subject for GSCE? I would say there is more to gain from Economics and it is also more interesting. Poltics does require a lot of reading.

ReputationRep:
    My other choices are:

English Literature
    French
    History

If that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    My other choices are:

English Literature
    French
    History

If that makes a difference.
    Either Politics or Economics would fit nicely

ReputationRep:
    toss a coin on it

ReputationRep:
    yep, economics is easy (i thought). i managed an A no problem at AS (i got Bs in everything else), but dropped it because i thought it was the most boring subject ever to exist... it just seemed so much common sense once you learnt the basics.... but it would appear preferable to politics in my opinion (don't like thsoe kinda subjects really, your timetable would be my idea of torture)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yep, economics is easy (i thought). i managed an A no problem at AS (i got Bs in everything else), but dropped it because i thought it was the most boring subject ever to exist... it just seemed so much common sense once you learnt the basics.... but it would appear preferable to politics in my opinion (don't like thsoe kinda subjects really, your timetable would be my idea of torture)

lou xxx
    In my opinion, Economics is my most asorbing subject along with History and I find the two complement each other very well

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm applying for PPE, I don't really think i'd do either as an a-level, although if i had to choose it would be politics.

ReputationRep:
    If there is a chance you might want to continue economics studies at undergraduate level you should choose economics -it will definetly give you an advantage. If you decide later that you want to study politics, having studied it at A-level isn't really a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    If there is a chance you might want to continue economics studies at undergraduate level you should choose economics -it will definetly give you an advantage. If you decide later that you want to study politics, having studied it at A-level isn't really a big deal.
    yeah, but economics is sooo boring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    God, you will die doing PPE then

ReputationRep:
    Good, you will die doing PPE then
    No offence, why did you apply to PPE when you find economics so boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    I disagree, I find economics very interesting (Im doing IB economics SL, and wish I could to HL, but my school doesn't offer it).

Good luck with PPE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I disagree, I find economics very interesting (Im doing IB economics SL, and wish I could to HL, but my school doesn't offer it).

Good luck with PPE.
    IB isn't "real" economics though... I mean I really enjoy IB economics with its emphasis on devolpment and international issues. I woudn't survive a minute of econometrics or anything of that ilk however.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for politics as with those subject choices it seems that you'll be likely to pursue something "artsy" and politics would perhaps be a little more useful in that respect. Without maths, you're choices vis-a-vis economics at degree level would probably be pretty limited.

ReputationRep:
    I do both for A Level and would overall say economics - well respected, interesting, relevent to the real world, and includes quite a lot of political discussion. I love politics dearly, but the 1st year was boring as a lot was common sense and I didn't feel I learnt much, but if you want debate and a lighter workload i'd say politics. My workload for economics is quite a bit higher

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.