Revision tips for synoptic chem

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi Im taking the AQA Chemistry syllabus modules 5 & 6 papers which both have a synoptic element in them...what is the best way to cover all the work? From the previous four modules? Any tips or advice would be welcomed...
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
Hi Im taking the AQA Chemistry syllabus modules 5 & 6 papers which both have a synoptic element in them...what is the best way to cover all the work? From the previous four modules? Any tips or advice would be welcomed...
I'm doing module 5 AQA too. Just thought I'd tell you
Erm, best way to revise....look at your notes, learn it, remember it and write it down.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
last year module 5 was an evil exam. I got an A for AS chem and an E for module 5
++Hex++
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ooh, I did those last year. That was awful. I'd had exams all the previous week, and so hadn't revised Chemistry at all. Got back from afternoon maths exams on Monday at about 6pm, and started my synoptic revision for module papers 5&6 the following morning: 2 years work in 4 hours...

Wouldn't recommend doing that, really. Closest I ever came to worrying about an exam, I think.

Hmm, I'd say the most important thing is not to leave learning all the organic stuff till last, or whatever bit you like least. I personally loathed organic chem, I never actually learned all those definitions and molecules, so that was the worst bit for me.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Evil exam!!! Even by CHM5 standards. Couldn't answer last question at all! Still - mega-low grade boundaries (95/120 for 120)!

Ben
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads