Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im taking the AQA Chemistry syllabus modules 5 & 6 papers which both have a synoptic element in them...what is the best way to cover all the work? From the previous four modules? Any tips or advice would be welcomed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Hi Im taking the AQA Chemistry syllabus modules 5 & 6 papers which both have a synoptic element in them...what is the best way to cover all the work? From the previous four modules? Any tips or advice would be welcomed...
    I'm doing module 5 AQA too. Just thought I'd tell you
    Erm, best way to revise....look at your notes, learn it, remember it and write it down.

ReputationRep:
    last year module 5 was an evil exam. I got an A for AS chem and an E for module 5

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I did those last year. That was awful. I'd had exams all the previous week, and so hadn't revised Chemistry at all. Got back from afternoon maths exams on Monday at about 6pm, and started my synoptic revision for module papers 5&6 the following morning: 2 years work in 4 hours...

Wouldn't recommend doing that, really. Closest I ever came to worrying about an exam, I think.

Hmm, I'd say the most important thing is not to leave learning all the organic stuff till last, or whatever bit you like least. I personally loathed organic chem, I never actually learned all those definitions and molecules, so that was the worst bit for me.

ReputationRep:
    Evil exam!!! Even by CHM5 standards. Couldn't answer last question at all! Still - mega-low grade boundaries (95/120 for 120)!

Ben

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.