Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (for those who;ve never heard of it, it's not as geeky as it sounds!)

Anyone attended?!

ReputationRep:
    no when, what and where does it?

ReputationRep:
    uh...i went 2 yrs ago...

bham uni, some others, inc bristol...cant remember the others

it's for yr 10's.

ReputationRep:
    someone I know went. it isn't for the "elite" apparently, just one person from each school from grammar schools to special schools

the lucky gits got to tour the Cadbury chocolate factory and pick up loads of yummy chocolate

ReputationRep:
    ok i do have to admit we did go to cadbury's n we did have a tour that's not open to the public....and there is only one person per sch n they select u when u apply...but it's not only grammar/private schs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    ok i do have to admit we did go to cadbury's n we did have a tour that's not open to the public....and there is only one person per sch n they select u when u apply...but it's not only grammar/private schs.
    yeah i heard they have someone from EVERY school whether its really good or not

what does cadbury factory have to do with chemistry

ReputationRep:
    no its not every sch, it was 50 ppl (25 girls, 25 boys) per uni when I went...

cadbury land was just a bit of fun...

ReputationRep:
    I've been asked to go this year...I'm not quite sure about it. 4 days and 3 nights with 49 others? somehow that doesn't sound very appealing...but on the other hand I want to give it a try, could you tell me more? What kind of things did you do and did you enjoy it? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same when I was asked, but what can u loose?

Most of the time isn't spent doing Chemistry stuff, but socializing and it gives a gud insight into uni life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was useful for talking about at interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    (for those who;ve never heard of it, it's not as geeky as it sounds!)

Anyone attended?!

My friend went and she said she quite liked it. did you go then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I went over 2 yrs ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_solitude)
    I've been asked to go this year...I'm not quite sure about it. 4 days and 3 nights with 49 others? somehow that doesn't sound very appealing...but on the other hand I want to give it a try, could you tell me more? What kind of things did you do and did you enjoy it? Thanks!
    i know some girl who went there and she liked it, but shes a bit of a slut, so she probably did.

ReputationRep:
    so u think i should go? i'm usually quite shy about meeting people and i do agree its a good idea. this way i'll be forced to talk to people who i don't know instead of shying away with my usual friend...but one other thing that concerns me is the fact that it starts before school term ends from the 6th-9th July (tues-fri) at Birmingham for me...i'm currently in yr 10, do u think i would be missing out on a lot of stuff? would it be hard to catch up on? I'm usually quite unwilling to miss school cos of the catching up and the whole panic panic! everyone knows someting i don't! *screams rips hair out* lol...so missing school, especially in a GCSE year seems pretty bad and i don't know if it's gonna be worth it... any advice?

ReputationRep:
    wow...conditional offer at Oxford? very impressive...congratulations! i guess i should give it a try, still a bit aprehensive, but i guess missing like 4 days of schools not gonna kill me right?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.