This discussion is closed.
nabzp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(for those who;ve never heard of it, it's not as geeky as it sounds!)

Anyone attended?!
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no when, what and where does it?
nabzp
Rep:
?
uh...i went 2 yrs ago...

bham uni, some others, inc bristol...cant remember the others

it's for yr 10's.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
someone I know went. it isn't for the "elite" apparently, just one person from each school from grammar schools to special schools

the lucky gits got to tour the Cadbury chocolate factory and pick up loads of yummy chocolate
nabzp
Rep:
?
ok i do have to admit we did go to cadbury's n we did have a tour that's not open to the public....and there is only one person per sch n they select u when u apply...but it's not only grammar/private schs.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nabzp)
ok i do have to admit we did go to cadbury's n we did have a tour that's not open to the public....and there is only one person per sch n they select u when u apply...but it's not only grammar/private schs.
yeah i heard they have someone from EVERY school whether its really good or not

what does cadbury factory have to do with chemistry
nabzp
Rep:
?
no its not every sch, it was 50 ppl (25 girls, 25 boys) per uni when I went...

cadbury land was just a bit of fun...
white_solitude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been asked to go this year...I'm not quite sure about it. 4 days and 3 nights with 49 others? somehow that doesn't sound very appealing...but on the other hand I want to give it a try, could you tell me more? What kind of things did you do and did you enjoy it? Thanks!
nabzp
Rep:
?
I felt the same when I was asked, but what can u loose?

Most of the time isn't spent doing Chemistry stuff, but socializing and it gives a gud insight into uni life.
nabzp
Rep:
?
Yeah it was useful for talking about at interviews
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nabzp)
(for those who;ve never heard of it, it's not as geeky as it sounds!)

Anyone attended?!

My friend went and she said she quite liked it. did you go then?
nabzp
Rep:
?
Yeah, I went over 2 yrs ago.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by white_solitude)
I've been asked to go this year...I'm not quite sure about it. 4 days and 3 nights with 49 others? somehow that doesn't sound very appealing...but on the other hand I want to give it a try, could you tell me more? What kind of things did you do and did you enjoy it? Thanks!
i know some girl who went there and she liked it, but shes a bit of a slut, so she probably did.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so u think i should go? i'm usually quite shy about meeting people and i do agree its a good idea. this way i'll be forced to talk to people who i don't know instead of shying away with my usual friend...but one other thing that concerns me is the fact that it starts before school term ends from the 6th-9th July (tues-fri) at Birmingham for me...i'm currently in yr 10, do u think i would be missing out on a lot of stuff? would it be hard to catch up on? I'm usually quite unwilling to miss school cos of the catching up and the whole panic panic! everyone knows someting i don't! *screams rips hair out* lol...so missing school, especially in a GCSE year seems pretty bad and i don't know if it's gonna be worth it... any advice?
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wow...conditional offer at Oxford? very impressive...congratulations! i guess i should give it a try, still a bit aprehensive, but i guess missing like 4 days of schools not gonna kill me right?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads