Deferring and grades Watch

This discussion is closed.
vicky600
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
If i was to defer a year, would they take it on my results which i get in August or would i be able to resit.. say January, to help me get to my first choice??
any help would be great, thanks! x
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Assuming that you applied this year and deferred it, they will use august 2005 results to determine your deferred entry (2006). If you want to resit, I'm not quite sure. You could contact the university about it.
vicky600
Rep:
?
hmm, i thought they would do... I was just thinking of other possibilities,
I have emailed the uni but no reply as yet.
I probably wont defer, but i would have to think about it!

thanks, x
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vicky600)
hmm, i thought they would do... I was just thinking of other possibilities,
I have emailed the uni but no reply as yet.
I probably wont defer, but i would have to think about it!

thanks, x
You should call them by phone. They will answer you back straight away. :p: That's what I did when I have a query if they don't reply for a few weeks.

If you met the offer, you will be guarenteed a place in 2006. What I think is that if you want to resit due to not meeting requirements, I think you have to withdraw and apply again. Sometimes, if you don't meet your offer, they might still take you on.
vicky600
Rep:
?
yeh i think if thats the case i would just go for it this year, as i would prefer not to pay top up fees by reapplying next year.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vicky600)
yeh i think if thats the case i would just go for it this year, as i would prefer not to pay top up fees by reapplying next year.
Indeed. Good luck with the grades. I'm sure you will get them.

Lots of people would go for the option of 2005 entry instead of gap years now because of the top up fees. At least you can give back the money when you earn that amount of salary though. Therefore, there is no need to pay at university.
vicky600
Rep:
?
Thanks PQ thats great... i think i will just see how this year goes not bother with defering.. thanks!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (88)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.45%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.78%

Watched Threads