The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
21 is my limit, the older they are in my experience the more they tell you what to do!! My Ex Is 7 years older than me and he used to give me a hard time about everything!!
Sparkey
21 is my limit, the older they are in my experience the more they tell you what to do!! My Ex Is 7 years older than me and he used to give me a hard time about everything!!

......also, they think that anything you do wrong or don't understand is because of your age..my 21 yr old ex did this to me all the time :mad:
Reply 22
Im 18 and have a bit of a thing for somebody who is 25, I think at present around 25/26 would be my limit though. My ex was 21 when I was 17 and that wasn't a problem. It just depends on what you and your partner are comfortable with i guess! Having said that, I argree with a lot of you, I wouldn't say no to Johnny Depp and hes 41!! (i think?)
Reply 23
Checking for Spies
......also, they think that anything you do wrong or don't understand is because of your age..my 21 yr old ex did this to me all the time :mad:

Exactly...

My ex used to always go on at about my school work and would tell me to work harder then he would be angry at me because I didn't have anytime for him because I was working harder. :frown:
gossip_girl
me to tops maby 26 but that depends what age i am when im with them....so now im 16 soon id say 25

Nah, i think my limit would stay at about 24, 25 til i'm about 18.
Reply 25
i'd probs say about 10 years older would be my limit. unless people are still under 16 and then i don't think it should be more than about 3/4. donno why i think that, i think its just cos then the older partner might expect more than the younger one could deliver.
Reply 26
i think i'm strange, i don't like goin with guys who are much older than me-like them to be around my age, woteva age i am at the time. i met one guy who was 22 and wos seein him for a bit (im 18) but it felt weird and he always treated me like a little girl! grr.....

Most of the ppl iv bin with have been in my year at school and cos my birthdays in september, they're normally at least a few months younger than me! not that you'd be able to tell...i'm so small so everyone always thinks im the younger one!
Reply 27
benieam
How old would be too old for you not to consider going out/sleeping with someone?

I recently sorted dated a 31 year old and I am currently 18, I have now decided my limit is 24, just simply because I feel any older is just not compatible.

so how old would you go? :rolleyes:

the thing is with me, when i was 15 i went out with a guy who was 20, it just dosent work at that age really. Obviously when you're a adult its different, but its put me off older guys for good.
Reply 28
No more than 26. My mate just broke with her 30 year old fiance because he was wanting kids in the next 2 years and overpaying on the morgage instead of having money to go out. She realised she wanted to be 21 before she was 30.
I think it depends. Deoends on the peoples personalities and age. If I was under 18 then there is no way I would date someone older than 25. Theres just something wrong about it my opinion. Over 20 it seems to change a little. At the minute I'm nearly 21, I would go up to 30 at a stretch. I'm quite happy at the 5 year difference right now in my current relationship. As long as two people want the same thing and are at the same level maturity wise I suppose anything could work.

Would anyone go out with someone younger/same age?

I couldn't go younger at all and blokes my age are my mates.
frost105
No more than 26. My mate just broke with her 30 year old fiance because he was wanting kids in the next 2 years and overpaying on the morgage instead of having money to go out. She realised she wanted to be 21 before she was 30.

exactly, you both need to want the same things.

I went out with a 30 year old when I was 19. He wanted kids I wanted a life, didn't last long at all. I would never recommended it. But then again there are 19/20 year olds out there that just want to settle down be a wife and have kids. My mate is one of them.
Reply 31
BlackHawk

Would anyone go out with someone younger/same age?

I couldn't go younger at all and blokes my age are my mates.

Not younger nope, i couldnt.
As for guys my age then i would, but only if I really liked them, I tend to just prefer older guys for some reason.
Ali_04
i think i'm strange, i don't like goin with guys who are much older than me-like them to be around my age, woteva age i am at the time. i met one guy who was 22 and wos seein him for a bit (im 18) but it felt weird and he always treated me like a little girl! grr.....

Most of the ppl iv bin with have been in my year at school and cos my birthdays in september, they're normally at least a few months younger than me! not that you'd be able to tell...i'm so small so everyone always thinks im the younger one!

How can a 22 year old treat a 18 year old like a little girl? :confused: I know 22 year olds and even they don't treat me any younger than them.
16 and 27, thats an absolute joke, but good look to her on that one
Reply 34
does the walking stick not get in the way??
or do they use it??
md_red_uk
16 and 27, thats an absolute joke, but good look to her on that one

:redface: thats de ja vous for me :redface:
Reply 36
gossip_girl

ooo so u can tell me where u put the walking stick then :smile: :wink:
gossip_girl

You went with a 26 yr old?
need_money
You went with a 26 yr old?

v v v v v nearly :redface: but decided not to in the end as lots of people saiod he was a paedo....but i still talk to him :redface:
I was seeing a 28 yr old when I was 18 and found it wierd hanging out with his friends as I remember talking about tv shows that we watched as kids and most of it went completely over my head! The worst bit was when they started talking about how they went to see Nirvana live and they asked me if I ever went and I said "No, I was 8 when Kurt Cobain died" and that sorta put a stop to the conversation for a while! Its very odd hanging out with people with responsibilities and mortgages and kids who are settled when ur life is still drastically changing. They were all content to live in my town whereas I couldnt wait to leave!

Latest

Trending

Trending