?
Report 13 years ago
im a drummer!
Scubar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mother to little boy: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Little boy: A drummer
Mother to little boy: You can't do both

sorry, used to be a percussionist myself but got fed up in the end, didn't get on with my teacher too well. From that experience this joke is completely true
ArchiBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive been playing for 7 years. lol - thi think drummers often 'over kit' ther drums .i went thru that phase. Then the novelty wears off and u end up going for the simpleton style lol . I gig a lot and tis not practical to keep putting on all those cymbals. Also they are very valuable and you dont want no pricks hammering the **** out of cuz the 'forgot' to bring some of ther own. Also thers set up time, and the risk of theft too.

To be honest, i could afford a better kit than my export, but its just nto worth it specially for gigging purposes anyway.

ive recently left my band though in the hope of joining a new one at uni.

i think we should start a tsr drummers society!
aniguchisan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by ArchiBoi)
ive been playing for 7 years. lol - thi think drummers often 'over kit' ther drums .i went thru that phase. Then the novelty wears off and u end up going for the simpleton style lol . I gig a lot and tis not practical to keep putting on all those cymbals. Also they are very valuable and you dont want no pricks hammering the **** out of cuz the 'forgot' to bring some of ther own. Also thers set up time, and the risk of theft too.

To be honest, i could afford a better kit than my export, but its just nto worth it specially for gigging purposes anyway.

ive recently left my band though in the hope of joining a new one at uni.

i think we should start a tsr drummers society!
I really appreciate the last line of your comment

Yes, over-kitting can be a bit of a hassle. Ideally, for my next kit, I'd want a six piece with no more than five to six cymbals, pretty much like my current setup, but with a richer sound.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I learnt drums for a year or so a couple of years ago but stopped having lessons because...well, I was rubbish (and didn't practice enough to improve).

I still have my kit (Gretch with Zildjian symbols) but it gets very little use and the snare sounds bad.
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Premier Artist Birch in Rosewood finish with Pearl snare.

12" rack tom
16" floor tom
22" bass drum
14" x 6.5" Pearl Eric Singer signature snare drum

Sabian cymbals
13" AAX groove hats
16" AAX dark crash
17" AAX dark crash
18" HHX evolution o-zone crash
21" HH Raw bell dry ride

Evans heads
Pro-mark sticks
kinza75
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i want to learn so badly!
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Drummers are fit specimens.

I, personally, play guitar.
kinza75
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
who did you learn from or did you just each yourself?
rising_heat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
Premier Artist Birch in Rosewood finish with Pearl snare.

12" rack tom
16" floor tom
22" bass drum
14" x 6.5" Pearl Eric Singer signature snare drum

Sabian cymbals
13" AAX groove hats
16" AAX dark crash
17" AAX dark crash
18" HHX evolution o-zone crash
21" HH Raw bell dry ride

Evans heads
Pro-mark sticks
*Hates* Rich *****

But saying that school has a full set of Pearl kit, signed by some rock legend who went to our school....... and the other three kits are Sabian or something that looks equally good.........
majikthise
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
horray for drumming!
Been playing about 4 years now but still have an awful, awful aria starter kit (I have at least got new heads and zildjians though).
emonk89
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I play the drum kit and have been for nearly three years now. I've only got the basic CB kit (red) but with Paiste cymbals (not those awful tin lids you get with the CB kit).
niamhster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've been playing the drums for about 6 years now. Got my own kit about 4 years ago but for the life of me i cannot remember what type it is!!! It's black and it's a drumkit which is all i know!!!!

I love playing the drums , it definitely is tricky at first when starting to learn though. Who's any good at reading music for playing the drums??
trixx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Potos and pans. They're my mum's actually.
emonk89
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Who's any good at reading music for playing the drums??[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty good at reading the music but only because I played the trumpet before hand. My teacher also writes out my excercises on manuscript paper.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise