This discussion is closed.
prada_princess
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
So far I've received offers for economics related courses at the following universities:

Manchester (BA)
Royal Holloway (Bsc)
St Andrews (MA)
Newcastle (BA)

I was wondering if any of you guyd could advise me on the repuyations of these places in general and particularly for economics courses.

Also the course at St Andrews is four years and is an MA, could anybody possibly suggest the likely advantages/disadvantages of doing this course?

Any advice is appreciated
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by prada_princess)
So far I've received offers for economics related courses at the following universities:

Manchester (BA)
Royal Holloway (Bsc)
St Andrews (MA)
Newcastle (BA)

I was wondering if any of you guyd could advise me on the repuyations of these places in general and particularly for economics courses.

Also the course at St Andrews is four years and is an MA, could anybody possibly suggest the likely advantages/disadvantages of doing this course?

I believe that St.Andrews is quite highly respected.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by prada_princess)

Manchester (BA)
Royal Holloway (Bsc)
St Andrews (MA)
Newcastle (BA)

They're all in about the same league reputation wise on a subject level newcastle and RHUL rank a little below the other 2. A BSc will be worth a little bit more after graduation than a BA (and the same goes with the MA) but the differences are likely to be minimal.

Choose the uni which you will be happy to live at for 3 or 4 years. A degree from any of these places will put you in a very good position when you graduate...and you're more likely to graduate with the level of degree you deserve if you are at a university/city where you feel comfortable and at home.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (502)
51.12%
No (480)
48.88%

Watched Threads