Turn on thread page Beta

University reputations? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So far I've received offers for economics related courses at the following universities:

Manchester (BA)
    Royal Holloway (Bsc)
    St Andrews (MA)
    Newcastle (BA)

I was wondering if any of you guyd could advise me on the repuyations of these places in general and particularly for economics courses.

Also the course at St Andrews is four years and is an MA, could anybody possibly suggest the likely advantages/disadvantages of doing this course?

Any advice is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    So far I've received offers for economics related courses at the following universities:

Manchester (BA)
    Royal Holloway (Bsc)
    St Andrews (MA)
    Newcastle (BA)

I was wondering if any of you guyd could advise me on the repuyations of these places in general and particularly for economics courses.

Also the course at St Andrews is four years and is an MA, could anybody possibly suggest the likely advantages/disadvantages of doing this course?

I believe that St.Andrews is quite highly respected.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by prada_princess)

Manchester (BA)
    Royal Holloway (Bsc)
    St Andrews (MA)
    Newcastle (BA)

They're all in about the same league reputation wise on a subject level newcastle and RHUL rank a little below the other 2. A BSc will be worth a little bit more after graduation than a BA (and the same goes with the MA) but the differences are likely to be minimal.

Choose the uni which you will be happy to live at for 3 or 4 years. A degree from any of these places will put you in a very good position when you graduate...and you're more likely to graduate with the level of degree you deserve if you are at a university/city where you feel comfortable and at home.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.