can you cook? (properly mind you) Watch

This discussion is closed.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
as in a proper meal with veg and meat and stuff like that?
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...Yes, its not exactly hard is it?
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Errrrr, probably not. :rolleyes: Well i probably could! Well i'll have to attempt next year anyway! :eek:
Adarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, i can cook properly - no meat though, because I'm vegetarian .
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no I suck at cooking

I tried the potato waffles today and even ****ed that up. There was smoke everywhere and they were really soggy. It's not hard, it's probably really easy if you've been taught but I don't ever cook anything except eggs and pasta...
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I cook for my self every day, but I've never had to buy anything tinned once. What do you do with tinned stuff? I've never been able to work out why you'd ever want to buy tinned stuff... :s:
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
cos the sun will burn up before they expire
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my risotto primavera says i can... whether or not i can be arsed is another matter entirely
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
no I suck at cooking

I tried the potato waffles today and even ****ed that up. There was smoke everywhere and they were really soggy. It's not hard, it's probably really easy if you've been taught but I don't ever cook anything except eggs and pasta...
that is true! my mum never showed me how to cook, it's stupid having to learn my trial and error - but it's sort of possible. Easier if you have a friend who can cook to give you a few tips so you don't end up with black smoke every where . That said - I still manage to burn my chips sometimes when I fry them. No idea what I do wrong. I just cut up the potatoes, put them in a pan with hot oil and sometimes they just burn on me, even though I'm there all the time to turn them - seriously weird :rolleyes:
anita_xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, of course not, that's what the cook is there for, and obviously the maid helps and does the washing up...
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
cos the sun will burn up before they expire
:s:
I see the point in wanting things to keep longer - but the stuff they sell in tins is horrible (vegetable wise). Urgh...
just my personal taste really...
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by anita_xx)
No, of course not, that's what the cook is there for, and obviously the maid helps and does the washing up...
oh yeah... maid and cook being one and the same person... 'mum' :rolleyes:
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adarah)
:s:
I see the point in wanting things to keep longer - but the stuff they sell in tins is horrible (vegetable wise). Urgh...
just my personal taste really...
yeah and frozen stuff! yuck!!! apart from peas
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by anita_xx)
ooh, little miss tetchy :eek:
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes. i am an excellent cook :top:
Ferret_messiah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Any meal can easily be made wonderfully tasty by adding enough spice to kill an ox. Cayenne, paprika, chilli powder, cajun seasoning, cumin, ground pepper, can't go wrong with chucking all of the above on any meal.
So yes, as long as it's spicy I can cook.
Angel M
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
Yes, i can cook properly - no meat though, because I'm vegetarian .
me too
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ferret_messiah)
Any meal can easily be made wonderfully tasty by adding enough spice to kill an ox. Cayenne, paprika, chilli powder, cajun seasoning, cumin, ground pepper, can't go wrong with chucking all of the above on any meal.
So yes, as long as it's spicy I can cook.
omg your like my sister! the amount of spices she puts in her currys and chicne asnd stuff! im like ok calm down dear..... :cool:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can boil pasta if that counts. Rice proved too taxing for me though, it stuck together and went all soggy
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I can boil pasta if that counts. Rice proved too taxing for me though, it stuck together and went all soggy
how can you go wrong with rice? maybe you left it in for too long or bought the wrong type of rice. the cheapest rice is sometimes horrible - all soggy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads