Turn on thread page Beta

Protected sex with a person with an STI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metta)
    do ppl with STIs ever get laid then, cos by the sounds of ure comments it seems not?

it seems a little unfair on them altho i dont think i wud either. Ive never been in that situation.
    i might be missing the point here.but the reason to wear condom is to protect you from sti. no sti=no need to wear one. so whats the fuss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    probably more harm than good, two condoms :\
    DONT DO THIS!!!

the latex rubber stuff on the uderneath condom will rub againt the one on top thus tearing them and u will be worse than before. if you want this weird sexy thing use EXTRA STRONG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Most STIs are treatable though, so if they knew they had it (unless it's like HIV or something) then it should get better, and then it's all go again!
    good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i might be missing the point here.but the reason to wear condom is to protect you from sti. no sti=no need to wear one. so whats the fuss?
    No, you also use them to protect against pregnancy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Pill

ReputationRep:
    Pill
    Doesn't agree with some women, and it's safer to use both.

(Original post by kay0)
    My mate's ex boyfriend got herpes by touching his cold sore on his lips, then masturbating....they still had protected sex afterwards......i don't know if she caught it.
    the herpes on your lips is not the same genotype that causes genital herpes.
    it CAN, (and vice versa) but much less likely/rarely so.

(Original post by lessthanthree)
    probably more harm than good, two condoms :\
    agreed

1) pregnancy risk
    2) unknwon STIs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohol5%)
    Would you have knowingly have PROTECTED sex with a person who had an STI.

Of course, using protection your more likely not to contract a virus, however, not all contraception are 100% safe.

Just wondering what your thoughts would be?
    Not bloody likely. Condoms are like seatbelts; just because I've got one, doesn't mean I'm going to try to crash my car...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I'd first want to know how they got the STI tbh...
    Ahh yes good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    Not bloody likely. Condoms are like seatbelts; just because I've got one, doesn't mean I'm going to try to crash my car...
    Hmm... your analagy isn't very good.

You could interpret what your saying as, even tho you have a selt belt you wouldn't drive your car, incase you crashed it - which is weird

Because you have a condom, you wouldn't have Sex with an STI person in case you were in the minority 3% - which is fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    You could interpret what your saying as, even tho you have a selt belt you wouldn't drive your car, incase you crashed it - which is weird
    No, you really couldn't interpret it that way, not even if you tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    No, you really couldn't interpret it that way, not even if you tried.

Well I just did, so that makes it obvious you could.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just did, so that makes it obvious you could.
    Then your grasp of English isn't very good. There is no ambiguity in that statement at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well that may just be your opinion, the question was " Would you have protected sex with a person who had STI"

He replied, no, condoms are like seatbelts, just because i have a seatbelt doesn't mean I'm going to try and crash my car.

However, trying to crash your car is just like purposely trying to get STIs, however, wearing a condom is consiously taking a precaution not to get an STI.

Using a seatbelt lessens the chances that you will DIE, or get seriously injured in a car crash

ReputationRep:
    You aren't very bright, are you?

Just because one has a safety device, doesn't mean one should take unecessary risks.

Is that simple enough for you, you halfwit?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don't disagree with you.

But this halfwit, also thinks that it could be interpretted as suggested in previous posts.

Oh and thanks for the neg rep! I replied with one, and you have made no effect to my rep. So ha! lol

ReputationRep:
    The original post could be interpreted in that way, but only by a complete pillock who doesn't understand simple English.

ReputationRep:
    It really does surprise me how personal you are taking this, and for your information, I am not stupid, as you may find out if you met me.

However, im finding you to be childish and cant be bothered to argue with you any longer.

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.