poplp
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i am doing criminal law ocr is 3 weeks enough to revise for it and can you gice any tips :eek:
cowsgoquack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what if it isn't enough? Are you just not going to bother.

Just revsise as best you can.
Telegraphs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by poplp)
i am doing criminal law ocr is 3 weeks enough to revise for it and can you gice any tips :eek:
I'm sure you will revise in time, three weeks is a long time.
If you note statutes and cases and relevant terms you should be fine. Spend half a day looking through the text and noting these and then you've got three weeks where you can revise them easily and quickly as you've noted them down and what section they're for. Remember don't revise solidly, take good 5 minute breaks atleast every half hour to ensure you remain focused, otherwise it's a waste of time. Good luck, need anything else feel free to quote me and I'll do my best to reply asap.
poplp
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Telegraphs)
I'm sure you will revise in time, three weeks is a long time.
If you note statutes and cases and relevant terms you should be fine. Spend half a day looking through the text and noting these and then you've got three weeks where you can revise them easily and quickly as you've noted them down and what section they're for. Remember don't revise solidly, take good 5 minute breaks atleast every half hour to ensure you remain focused, otherwise it's a waste of time. Good luck, need anything else feel free to quote me and I'll do my best to reply asap.
Are you doing Ocr criminal and what questions do you think will come up?
Telegraphs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by poplp)
Are you doing Ocr criminal and what questions do you think will come up?
Hi, no I do AQA law, but same important things apply
Over_The_Odds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isn't three weeks enough??? I revise for about 1 week MAX for each module. Or, like today, one day on a whole module
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
3 weeks is more than enough
J4GGYBoss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
from scratch?! because im in the same boat for OCR contract law from scratch in 3 weeks with eco exams too.
Abe1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did the OCR Criminal Law exam in Jan and got the joint highest in my class, which was a B(no-one got A cos my teacher was cack and demotivated the whole class but thats a whole other story lol, the paper isnt too hard).

I strongly suggest that you revise the core topics. These consist of Theft, Robbery, Offences against the person and all of the general defences, as these always turn up in the paper. Also revise Strict Liability and Involuntary/Voluntary manslaughter, which are also almost certain to turn up. Dont bother with Omissions as it has come up in the past two papers. I did about 9 days revision and got within 7 marks of an A despite pretty much relearning the entire content within that time. 3 weeks is more than enough, but dont let that make you lazy. Hope this helps.
LegalTroubles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did you get it done in 9 days? I'm just wondering because I have my unit 3 exam on June 15th
J.Randall
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Telegraphs)
Hi, no I do AQA law, but same important things apply
I do AQA Law too. I am confident about uni 1 but unit 2 poses more difficult problems. Three weeks is enough time if you take your time and try not to do too much too quickly.
Sophisticated97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poplp)
Hey! It all depends on your revision style. If you take notes and keep condensing them, then I'd say that three weeks is cutting it rather close, but if you can just pick it up from reading the textbook etc, then I'd say that three weeks is just within your gap and you can definitely cover it all in time Just remember, don't take too long on the basic topics( Try to cover them in detail in the day) and when it comes to the bigger topics, make sure you make enough time to cover them over a series of days, or if you prefer to cover sections in the day, just make sure to keep focused and take those five minute breaks to ensure you remain focus. But the main thing is to not stress, just work unbelievably hard until you get to that exam and you should do just fine
A Rose for Epona
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have yet to take my criminal law exam but I had a contract exam this morning. I am pleasantly surprised by how well it went because contract law was my worst subject and I learnt frustration and breach literally the night before

You should set yourself realistic goals - you are not going to go through the whole year's reading list in three weeks. If you have been studying hard throughout the year then the exam will be a breeze even with last minute revision (obviously the more you revise the better). However there's still hope even if you were a crappy student like me. Here's what I did for contract:

First go through your lecture notes to get an overview of the subject and then do practice questions, practice questions and more practice questions! Start by writing essay outlines looking at your lecture notes, then try to reproduce them without looking at your notes, and finally (if you can face it; I know I can't) try to do the same thing under exam conditions. The day before my first exam I also came up with this genius idea of making mind maps for each topic, and it worked. Especially because my visual memory is really strong I could recall a few cases because "I used a green highlighter on it" or "I put it on the left hand corner of the map".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads