Turn on thread page Beta

In school today... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In school today i made my R.E. teacher cry because i had a convo with her about why god exists. i didnt mean to make her cry!

me: miss, how do religions explain evolution, if they say god made adam and eve (for example, in christianity) but scientists and archeologists can practically prove that humans evolved from apes?

mrs. begley: its not meant to be taken literally felix. theyre a symbol.

me:riiiiiight.... well, whats the point in believing in god?

mrs. begley: what do you mean?

me: well, if you are saying it because he made the world then thats a load of rubbish

mrs. begley: no its no....[CUT OFF]

me: [INTERRUPT] well, if the world had to come from somewhere, then you are saying everything comes from somewhere. if you say god exists, where did he come from? to do this you are just explaining an answer by giving another question. whos to say another god didnt make that god? and another for that, etc...

mrs. begley: thats just silly. its all about faith... [sniff] [sniff] excuse me a second

[leaves for toilets]

________________________________ _____________________________

I thought this was quite clever for me seen as i hate R.E. and I'm 15!
    btw, i heard someone say that there was a theory that this universe was created from another universe imploding. this would explain where the energy came from, as it cannot be created or destroyed, but where did the energy for the other universe come from?

ReputationRep:
    I think I must be getting old...because that really is just too deep for me at like 9.30pm haha...time i sat back with the knitting and some cocoa

ReputationRep:
    I once made my Geography teacher cry, but that was only because I accidentally dropped some books on his foot.

ReputationRep:
    i think the world just evolved. also if evrythin is recycled on this planet (which it has to be) then we must be recycled ie live agen
    wot ya think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i think the world just evolved. also if evrythin is recycled on this planet (which it has to be) then we must be recycled ie live agen
    wot ya think
    the world didnt evolve.

ReputationRep:
    the "I made my RE teacher cry" thing was genius, not because I like to see RE teachers cry but because it was so random and irrelevant

anyway, poor RE teacher. Do you by any chance go to a religious school? you're supposed to be discussing that kind of stuff in RE. now religious schools are something I don't like

ReputationRep:
    there was some poor woman quoted in our RE textbook who said she believed the bible totally and all the stuff that science has proved is a load of crap. I hope she doesn't really exist because if she does I feel sorry for her.

ReputationRep:
    Nice script!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    I once made my Geography teacher cry, but that was only because I accidentally dropped some books on his foot.
    Hahaha, that's great "Accidently"...mmmhmmm... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    the world didnt evolve.
    ok the world appeared then things evolved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ok the world appeared then things evolved
    The world appeared, just like that? Miraculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    the world didnt evolve.
    What are you talking about. Of corse the world evolved!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
    What are you talking about. Of corse the world evolved!!
    my class once made our english teacher cry. he used to fall asleep in lessons and we used to poke him. he also used to brush his teeth in lessons. turned out he was having a nervous breakdown. poor guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    my class once made our english teacher cry. he used to fall asleep in lessons and we used to poke him. he also used to brush his teeth in lessons. turned out he was having a nervous breakdown. poor guy.
    Ahh poor guy ... why was he brushing his teeth in lessons though?!? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
    Ahh poor guy ... why was he brushing his teeth in lessons though?!? :s
    you may well ask...just assume it was part of a "normal" (hah) nervous breakdown...makes me feel quite bad now...

ReputationRep:
    the only time my class very made a teacher cry was when we gave him a nervous breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    it wasnt that much of a deal making her cry. thats the third time for our class! my personal favourite was when we stole her keys and threw them out the window! also, we locked her in the cupboard last year! she has no control... lol. and i dont go to a religious school, we were watching a video about buddhism and i just felt like picking on her so i started that convo.
    im nasty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    it wasnt that much of a deal making her cry. thats the third time for our class! my personal favourite was when we stole her keys and threw them out the window! also, we locked her in the cupboard last year! she has no control... lol. and i dont go to a religious school, we were watching a video about buddhism and i just felt like picking on her so i started that convo.
    im nasty...
    Or about 12.

Don't worry - you'll grow up one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    im nasty...
    is she still nice to you? she sounds like she doesn't deserve it, teaching is the worst job in the world I've heard my parents are both teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    lmao... is she still nice to you? she sounds like she doesn't deserve it, teaching is the worst job in the world I've heard my parents are both teachers
    Why are you "lyao"? Its pathetic.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.