The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i smell BULLS*** but am sure someone will give u .... i mean ur freind lol a good excuse/valid reason but it may be hard without a doctors note or something official!
Reply 2
--
Reply 3
Loss of their writing arm.
Extreme diarrhoeia (sp lol)
Reply 5
Leprosy.
Reply 6
swine flu?
Spoiler
i smell BULLS*** but am sure someone will give u .... i mean ur freind lol a good excuse/valid reason but it may be hard without a doctors note or something official!

Oh chillax would you??
What would be the point in lying about it on an ANONYMOUS forum -_-
Reply 8
Nick_000
Loss of their writing arm.

Unbelievably, that doesn't excuse you. They can call in someone to write for you as you read out the answers. Happened in my old school through GCSEs strangely enough.

To be properly excused, you're looking at something contagious, or if you're hospitalised. I know someone who got their grades set from predicted grades and coursework because they had mumps.
If it is the hospital type of thing then yes you can be excused and they use your predicted or mock grades instead. This is what happened to someone at my school. This girl she was very unfortunate cos she was ill and they used her mock/predicted grades. But you need like a doctor's note etc.
Reply 10
Whatever it is, your friend will require a doctors' note.
Reply 11
if you eat something you're allergic to right before the exam - they can't let you take it if you're vomiting everywhere! Unfortunatly i'm not allergic to anything :frown:
Reply 12
Say you have very weak bowels and keep needing a Number 2.
Anything potentially leading to death is pretty good :rip:
Flu - if you can't get out of bed you can't get to school.
Reply 15
swine flu lol
Reply 16
--
Reply 17
--
I bet smallpox would.
Pretty hard to catch though...

Or maybe the plague...
Your examinations officer is the best person to ask.

The JCQ (Joint Council of Qualifications) will need to be informed if the issue is serious.

If he does the exam, consideration of up to 5% can be given, but only in serious cases such as immediate family death/bereavement, or terminal illness.

Though you'll need a doctors note if the JCQ are going to pass the grades presented.

Latest