Guys: Do you actually like girls who take part in lad's banter and dirty jokes? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
As in the title. This' inspired from another thread, but what do you guys actually think of girls who take part in lad's banter and all those dirty jokes?

Because, I was doing this with some of my guy friends once, and one of my friends told me later she thought it was kind of degrading that I was taking part, and contributing to some of the dirty jokes. I guess I can kind of see her point, in that I was making lots of innuendos about myself, but it was all in jest to me..
Darrell90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's a good thing! If nothing else it shows you're not the kind of person who thinks sex is disgusting and should never be talked about in public... or maybe I just know too many people like that!
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I do. Can't stand it when girls feel they have to disapprove of anything vaguely sexual otherwise we're going to assume they're some kind of ****.
Ladipidoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We love it. That's the truth.
Reflexive
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Love it
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
Yes. You're a lot more fun to be around.
MaccyG
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it is great.
Alex-R
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Love it, dunno why the OP is anon though.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, it is a very good thing.
Although I've never known any girls to be able to genuinely take part in boys' banter

I think a guy would usually want a girlfriend who he can also be friends with, in the same way that he is friends with anyone else.
n0c0ntr0l
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
Yes. I've never known any girls to be able to genuinely take part in boys' banter
If you find one, don't let her out of your sights, you found a diamond in the mud!
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm I don't like it that much
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
If you find one, don't let her out of your sights, you found a diamond in the mud!
Now wouldn't that be wonderful! :yep:
addylad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends, as long as they don't think they are the shizz.
yesiambored
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The impression I get from guys is that when you get involved with their Banter, they see you as one of the lads and would never dream of having sex with you!
n0c0ntr0l
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yesiambored)
The impression I get from guys is that when you get involved with their Banter, they see you as one of the lads and would never dream of having sex with you!
That's a half lie. I knew a girl like this once. I did want to be more than friends, but I knew we wouldn't last and it would be far better to keep her as a friend for longer. In hindsight shoulda gone for it cause she moved away. She was awesome though.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It ain't a bad thing!
~conventgirl~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
With boy mates I do all the time, it's just cos i'm open with them and I know where to draw the line and it's what i'm like. I'm a bit more refined with my bf though! That's prolly why girls tend not to like me though lol
Sweet by and by
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I dont really get the banter that much tbh but i tend to be the one who starts with the dirty jokes, i cant help it its just the way i think, and i usually dont mean things the way they come out
but i see your point about guys thinking like that, some girls are appauled by what your saying at times but who cares id rather have a dirty mind that be boring as hell
Akkuz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aye it's cool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads