Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    About a year ago I had my brace taken off... and these wires put on the back of my teeth... like glued on

I just caught the wires while I was chewing a coke bottle... and now its slipped down... and I can taste the white stuff...

I broke my teeth!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That means no college??

Im there!!

ReputationRep:
    and dont panic - its probably just the glue you can taste

Edit: And why were you chewy a coke bottle?

ReputationRep:
    Bah I have one of those!Sucky sucky.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm I was chewing a coke bottle because its fun and I had finished all my coke and wanted more

And I can taste the glue stuff and its RANK!!

And I hate dentists...

ReputationRep:
    a coke bottle??

what was it really :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil penguin kid)
    a coke bottle??

what was it really :eek:
    A Cherry Coke bottle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    A Cherry Coke bottle
    If it had been a regualr coke bottle but cherry! - tut tut- it was bound to happen. If you live by the chewy cherry coke bottle you die by the chewy cherry coke bottle.

ReputationRep:
    The same happened to me-but not with a coke bottle! It does taste horrible but my wire was left really sharp after i snapped it and kept cutting me. The dentist will sort it out. Are you expected to wear the wire on your teeth for the rest of your life? I am...or until it happens to drop off in 20 years time or something. Will I have to trot back to the orthodontist then or will the dentist be able to help?! Who knows...

ReputationRep:
    I took one of my brace brackets off chewing a pen lid (i was in deep thought!)

ReputationRep:
    uh oh!i think you need a dentists!

ReputationRep:
    Why do they leave the wires on your teeth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Patrol)
    Why do they leave the wires on your teeth?
    I have a wire behind my 4 front teeth because I had a gap between them and even after wearing train tracks for ages gaps have a tendency to open up again! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    O, In Australia they usually fix that problem by removing part of the muscle/tendons around your front teeth that help push them apart, or by building up your front teeth so they are held in place more by the teeth around them. I guess the wire is an alternate method but it sounds pretty nasty to me. The worst part of having braces were the wires stabbing me in the mouth. I can't image always having the wear wires. I'd even prefer to continue to wear a plate at night than have wires still stuck to my teeth :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i've got those wires!!! my bottom one fell out years ago, but i quite like my top one... gives me something to run my tounge over when i get bored...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Patrol)
    O, In Australia they usually fix that problem by removing part of the muscle/tendons around your front teeth that help push them apart, or by building up your front teeth so they are held in place more by the teeth around them. I guess the wire is an alternate method but it sounds pretty nasty to me. The worst part of having braces were the wires stabbing me in the mouth. I can't image always having the wear wires. I'd even prefer to continue to wear a plate at night than have wires still stuck to my teeth :eek:
    Yeah, I had an operation to remove that tendon too...must've just been an abnormal case. Typical!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.