When the relationships breaks you Watch

magiichands
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I had a friend who sister was about to do Alevels until her boyfriend broke up with her. She started to vomit , cry all day and contemplated on suicide.
I never did find out what happened after her Alevels,
I hope she has done fantastic and no in University.
This lead me to the great question which I wanted to ask all of you?
Why do we get in to relationships?
Media has single handedly taught us relationships are easily broken.
Just look at Katie Price and Peter Andre, their relationship started off great, but then turned stale.
The whole time you are in a relationship you are literally skating on thin ice, no matter how stable you think your relationship is, it is just that some people breakthrough the thin ice, causing a Titanic ending where almost everybody dies by freezing to death.[ ]
Like it or not us humans want to be loved!, we want to have a sense of security even if it will last 20 minutes.
However we don't wait for love to come to us, we're trying to rekindle love in our lifeless stale relationship. When we really need to wake up and smell the coffee, and come off the skating ground which won't lead to a Titanic ending.
These things called Relationships are consuming us, we can stop thinking about relationships, and we are getting effected.
I probably will never experience Love as I am such a hard headed person, but I think I have seen so many cases of people somersaulting in to companionship and then breaking their leg.
Read more at: http://teenagerlostinthecity.blogspot.com/
stripy_socks07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Relationships are all about risk...you put your trust in that other person, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Human beings want to be loved and in my opinion there is nothing better than knowing that you are loved in a relationship. Sometimes you just have to take that risk and let someone in and when it works out its and you realise that person is the one for you....wow, is all i can say xx
sermon
Report 9 years ago
it is not about the ending, it is about the journey.
And some relationships genuinely last for all their lives.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by magiichands)
I had a friend who sister was about to do Alevels until her boyfriend broke up with her. She started to vomit , cry all day and contemplated on suicide.
Just look at Katie Price and Peter Andre, their relationship started off great, but then turned stale.
The whole time you are in a relationship you are literally skating on thin ice, no matter how stable you think your relationship is, it is just that some people breakthrough the thin ice, causing a Titanic ending where almost everybody dies by freezing to death.[ ]
Like it or not us humans want to be loved!, we want to have a sense of security even if it will last 20 minutes.
However we don't wait for love to come to us, we're trying to rekindle love in our lifeless stale relationship. When we really need to wake up and smell the coffee, and come off the skating ground which won't lead to a Titanic ending.
These things called Relationships are consuming us, we can stop thinking about relationships, and we are getting effected.
I probably will never experience Love as I am such a hard headed person, but I think I have seen so many cases of people somersaulting in to companionship and then breaking their leg.
I went through an experience a lot like your friend's sister, same timing too- right before my a-levels. I was a complete mess, self harming and depressed, but I managed to get through. It hasn't put me off relationships, I've learnt a lot from the experience, and I genuinely feel like I am now a stronger person. Despite how it ended I would not take that relationship back if I could, we had some amazing times together that I will always remember, and I know that I can experience that again with someone else. Just as relationships bring pain and hurt, they also bring so much happiness and I would not sacrifice that just to miss out on the bad bits.
~tifa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Peyton [One Tree Hill]: "every song has an ending, but that's no excuse to not enjoy the music" ................or something along the lines o.o ..anyways umm sorry I just really wanted to say it..
kthnxbye.
snipex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In Soviet Russia, relationship breaks you off!

And yeah it's a risk, but it's a risk worth taking
Ozy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not sure if it is worth it. I let this girl close to me, first time I've opened upto someone in years and now she's broken my heart, right before my exams. I can't stop being sick. And if I'm not being sick, I'm feeling sick with my stomach churning and stuff.

When someone tells you they love you, you don't expect them to be cruel to you.
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ozy)
I'm not sure if it is worth it. I let this girl close to me, first time I've opened upto someone in years and now she's broken my heart, right before my exams. I can't stop being sick. And if I'm not being sick, I'm feeling sick with my stomach churning and stuff.

When someone tells you they love you, you don't expect them to be cruel to you.
This is what im afraid of...
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're becoming so dependent in a relationship that you're sick when it ends then IMO it couldnt have been a very healthy relationship - too much reliance and dependence. Though not sure if its something a person can stop happening.
Ozy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
If you're becoming so dependent in a relationship that you're sick when it ends then IMO it couldnt have been a very healthy relationship - too much reliance and dependence. Though not sure if its something a person can stop happening.
Yeah, I guess I was dependant on her. But going from one day saying she loved me to the next day saying it's over, just felt like a stab in the heart.
I thought I could trust her.

I just want to stop feeling so ill, or I'm going to fail my uni resit and get kicked out.
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ozy)
Yeah, I guess I was dependant on her. But going from one day saying she loved me to the next day saying it's over, just felt like a stab in the heart.
I thought I could trust her.

I just want to stop feeling so ill, or I'm going to fail my uni resit and get kicked out.
Hrm, but wouldnt you rather she was honest with you than stay in a relationship where only one person is fully dedicated?
Lozzaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
... Relationships, LOL.
Linweth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
**** happens
Ozy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
Hrm, but wouldnt you rather she was honest with you than stay in a relationship where only one person is fully dedicated?
I suppose. I wasn't dependent in that I need to be with her or talk to her all the time or anything like that. I just got really insecure, she's way out my league and she has lots of guys after her, all better looking than me. She also had her ex of 3 years still wanting to be with her.
She said that I needed constant reassurance, which is true, and that she couldn't be bothered anymore. This was in an argument, by msn of all things :rolleyes:

It just ended so abruptly. Two days ago she was telling me how happy I made her. Now she wont talk to me at all.
I just get the cynical feeling that she has being lying to me from the start.

/rant
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Somebody told me the other day that I´m looking for Mr. Perfect, he also told me that until I suffer and get hurt and feel pain over a guy, I´ll never know love. This all sounds v. exciting, and I really can´t wait to feel suicidal over a guy, but for the moment I´m happy alone and by myself, thank you very much.
Ehmo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The whole time you are in a relationship you are literally skating on thin ice
Literally? Where do you live?
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
loll im embroiled in some horrible affair where the boy says he loves me but acts completely the opposite- I really do think I was happier off alone but for now I'm stuck with this because I cant leave him, its got to a point where my mood for the entire day depends on what he says/does :yep:
Seraaa
Report 9 years ago
Would it be any better to not experience any emotion? Young heaaaaaarts run free xxx
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Yes id prefer an equilibruin type experience
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
equilibrium rather
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise