Football Watch

jonnosonly1864
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
And by football, i mean soccer

Basically, what opportunities are there to play football at oxford?

Im sure i could find info if i looked hard enough, but what is there by way of competitive football leagues/tournaments? Is there anything inter-college etc? 5/7/11 a side
wadhamite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Every college has a team. Many colleges have two, some have three (Wadham, for a start). There are several levels of college league, as well as several levels of University football. Feast your heart.
jonnosonly1864
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks, what's the standard like? Im not very good..
Huw Davies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Extremely variable, from Blues XI down to College 3rd XI, who are unlikely to turn anyone away. You'll find a niche.
heliotrope
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
football is good. obviously, there are university teams, but there are also college sides, playing in leagues and cup competitions. there tends to be at least two teams in each college, and often three. first team standard is reasonable, 2nds and 3rds less so but it is competitive at every level. if you are committed and willing to put in the effort you will be able to play regularly at some level. I'm pretty sure LMH has a 3rd team, although i seem to recall that its one of the weaker 3rds sides (but that kind of thing changes pretty frequently).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise